16 Posts

Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Just found my copy of Warhammer Quest, how much for... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok here's the story, My dad bought me this game back in 1995 and I played for a short period (maybe 5-6 games at most!) and my dad even painted the figurines (really awesome job, my dad is quite good in arts). So here we are 14 years later, I absolutely forgot about this game and in fact wasn't interested anymore in board games anymore till recently. So 2 weeks ago I went back to my parent's house and told my dad I was back into board gaming and wanted to buy couple games. Then he tells me : "Hey I still have your copy of that warhammer thing in the basement, do you want it?" Now that I know that it hasn't been reprinted since and is wanted, I'm willing to know how much it's worth since it's in super good condition and looks like it was painted by a pro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100+ on ebay if you have the patience for it, fairly easily. You should be able to sell it to someone on the geek pretty easily too if you want to get rid of it. I vote keep it as it's the best dungeon-crawler around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Stanley
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

3rd Edition Space Hulk? I just happen to have an extra still-in-shrink copy sitting around. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
I already have a copy of space hulk 3rd edition still in shrinks that i'm willing to sell/trade But thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can do a trade in cash and/or games. Just check out my For Trade section on my profile.

Oh, and welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused here. You recently got back into board gaming, find a free copy of a rare and fun gem and you want to SELL it? Seems to me if you really are getting back into board gamming you will only regret selling this one...

As for how much it is worth it really does depend on how well the minis are painted (words can't actually attest to reality to be honest) I will say a very poor to very well done job will DETRACT from its value as most miniature gamers would rather have blank plastic/pewter in that circumstance. Only increadibly well done paint jobs seem to increase value of a miniature and even then not by as much as one might think (recent space hulk minis seem to be an exception though lol).

for a less than golden daemon standard I would say anywhere from $100-$180 USD on ebay. Otherwise $250+ USDeasy. I would highly recommend posting in USD though as Americans are a sucker for this game and will pay sometimes double or triple the price just to not have to deal with foreign currency (and that is why I picked up my copy from the UK ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sell it. Your Da painted it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advide Shawn and thanks for the nice welcome! I'll take pictures and make sure of what's inside the box (there might actually be a expension in this) then post this so you can more easily see the quality of the painting. I'm back into board games, but warhammer and space hulk are not my favorites anymore (i'm married now and my wife would'nt want to play this neither would my gaming group), if I am given the choice of $$$ for it or playing it, I'll certainly sell it.

As for Space Hulk, I happen to have a copy still in shrinks and i'm planning on selling it later, but do you think I should open it and paint the figurines (Me and my dad are very good at this) or just sell it still in shrink? I'm a bit confused on this.

Don't worry William, my dad won't care and I will certainly give him his half of the share.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As other have said. An intact game, with well painted minis could sell well. Or it might not. E-Bay is mercurial and currently theres a few copies up in circulation.

Make sure its intact. See if you have any expansions in it. Im guessing not, considering you didnt play it overlong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
I just went to my parents house and grab the game, I'm surprised by the excellent condition of the game! The only things that are damaged is the box (only the corners) and 2 bats are broken but very easily fixable with some glue (it's only the pole that broke). I'll take pictures later tonight. All the cards are like new, vrey solid and some of the tokens (like power point and chance ones) are still "unpopped" from the cardboard. All the room pieces are glossy and without any scratches. I'm very pleased to find it in such a perfect state. The painting on the figurines is really nice (tough after looking at some pro painted minis, I see mine don't look as good, but still really nice).

There's one thing I didn't think about when my father told me he still had it : the game is in french... So might be tougher to sell, but is much rarer. I guess I'll see.

Oh and one good surprise! I did find some minis that do not belong to the original game, I'll post pictures later and will ask for your help in identifying those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Language shouldnt be a problem. Im sure theres some French speaking players who are looking for exactly this.

Also, some would buy it up just for squad of prepainted Skaven or Orks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
I said I would take some pictures, are we go :

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v303/El-joka/Warhammer/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I didn't think the pawns were that big in WQ. Cool.

Amazing paint job here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
This is from the ultra rare, only available in Quebec, expansion called : "The abobinable winter eater pumpkin".

I just edited the link to the album
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alfaro
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the painting on the minis would not actually help you in this case, but I doubt it will hurt you much if at all. It appears that if you have a complete set with little wear than you will easily be able to break the $200+ (US) mark.

Personally I would hold onto the game since, even though you don't think you could play it with your wife or gaming group, it is an amazing solo game and you could always play it with your children when they are older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.