Subject: qs on unit special abilities and hq interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
There seems to be some discrepancies in the rules, so I wanted to ask a couple of questions that are probably really obvious.

1 It says medics work at all times, but also says netters affect any unit. so, if a netted medic is connected to a unit, and the unit takes damage, does the medic or the unit get hurt?

2 if the quartermaster (hegemony) is attached to the HQ, does the hq get ranged attack?

3 if the hq is boosted by +melee or init, does its attack get stronger or earlier?

4 does the borgo net fighter disable right away even though it does not have the hourglass symbol?

5 does (should???) the gauss cannon (moloch) hurt your own units in line of fire?

6 For the Moloch Clown, does it need the air strike tile to call an airstrike on itself, or can it detonate without the airstrike tile? To me it would make more sense according to the Zman as it is 'calling' the strike on itself to have the tile used, and not just blow up (Moloch is powerful enough with just one airstrike in my opinion)

7 I've heard people say the decks are well balanced, but if you COULD boost Outpost, what would be fair? (I was thinking swap a move tile for a snipe, give the mobile armor +1 toughness... Something needs to survive when Outpost vs Airstrike = decimation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: silly questions
NDjunkie wrote:
1 It says medics work at all times, but also says netters affect any unit. so, if a netted medic is connected to a unit, and the unit takes damage, does the medic or the unit get hurt?

The way I read it, the net keeps the medic from functioning, so the hit would be taken by the unit.

NDjunkie wrote:
2 if the quartermaster (hegemony) is attached to the HQ, does the hq get ranged attack?

I think so, but I think it only applies to one of the HQ's attacks each turn.

NDjunkie wrote:
3 if the hq is boosted by +melee or init, does its attack get stronger or earlier?

Yes, in the Portal version, the rules say modules affect HQs the same way they affect any other unit.

NDjunkie wrote:
4 does the borgo net fighter disable right away even though it does not have the hourglass symbol?

Yes, I don't see anything suggesting that it doesn't work that way.

NDjunkie wrote:
5 does (should???) the gauss cannon (moloch) hurt your own units in line of fire?

At least in the Portal version, the rules say "All enemy units in a line of fire" are affected, so no, it doesn't hit your own units.

NDjunkie wrote:
6 For the Moloch Clown, does it need the air strike tile to call an airstrike on itself, or can it detonate without the airstrike tile? To me it would make more sense according to the Zman as it is 'calling' the strike on itself to have the tile used, and not just blow up (Moloch is powerful enough with just one airstrike in my opinion)

It's calling an air strike, not the air strike. I think it can detonate without the air strike tile.

NDjunkie wrote:
7 I've heard people say the decks are well balanced, but if you COULD boost Outpost, what would be fair? (I was thinking swap a move tile for a snipe, give the mobile armor +1 toughness... Something needs to survive when Outpost vs Airstrike = decimation).

(I don't know on this one.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Kuhrusty on these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
7. Act before Moloch uses his Air Strike. Or rather, mix your own units with its own, so it doesn't take your most precious units without destroying anything of its own.

tl;dr don't let him decimate your commandos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
re gauss cannon, i know the faq rules say that armored units take no damage even tho the bullet passes through them, so I can see how a bullet that goes straight could avoid your own units in the way, but doesn't it also say somewhere about Moloch hurting allied units? Z man edition also says on the ref cards 'all enemy units', but back of ref card has bit about allied units...???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what's your question here.

If you mean whether gauss cannon shots pass through allied units, then yes, they get hit by it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
sorry didn't make it clear. So the gauss passes through allies, but not your own moloch units in the way right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.