Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya!

I just found out that a store close to me has one copy left. I already have one.

And to be fair an honest (I'm not an angel)...the only reason I would have to pick it up is to sell it later for more money...

However my question, do you think it's worth it? Will this really become a collectors item in a year or more? Worth more than I paid for it? (it's already worth a bit more, but not so much I would bother to go through the hassle).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know, but it did just climb to #13 so I imagine a lot of people are going to be curious about it.
Glad I got my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Hundley
United States
Danville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bids on ebay have been closing in the $125-$150 range the past 48 hours. Any investor would conisder that a good return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Croatian store has a few copies left. They sell it for $150.

I'm really itchy about getting a second copy. I'm not really into all this investing&reselling broohaha, but I'm also not a complete idiot who spits on opportunity to get back the money I paid to get the first one...

Still $150 is quite a lot of money... and it's not really that easy to re-sell it in Croatia as it is to all the people who have easy e-bay access opportunities.. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schaub
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will probably go for double or triple its current cost. I know that sounds like a lot of increase in value, but look at it this way--If you store an enormous, heavy box for a couple years, you'll make a couple hundred bucks off it--less than a day's pay. A nice dinner. OR, you could let some poor sucker who really wants one score a copy and feel lucky and fulfilled. The choice is yours! :what:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

amazon UK have put theirs up from nearly £90 to £150 whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, it's sad to see so many places that are already out of copies - I can go to at least 2-3 stores that still have several available. Guess I'll have to nab an extra copy at some point as a mini-investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Hundley
United States
Danville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have bought three extra copies from my local shop at $99 and resold all three for $125. I took the money I made and ordered a couple of games I have been wanting: Chaos in the Old World and the Tomb Of Ice expansion for Descent. So in essence, I've used the profit to further my addiction...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how it can't but go up, so long as GW holds to their declaration that it won't be reprinted again. If they do, I'm going to be pissed, because I don't really have the money to be getting my copy (Sunday, wooo!), but I also don't want to be sitting in 10 years where I am today, lamenting the fact that I never bought Warhammer Quest back in the day.

Still, were it me, It'd be hard to rationalize buying a second copy. Maybe not from a store that still has it on the shelf. In that case, I'd probably tell myself that all local demand has been met, and I'm not really taking anyone else's chance to get the game. And if I were to turn around and move it on eBay for whatever current value is, I'd actually be getting the copy into the hands of someone who can't find it locally, so I'm really doing them a service.

Now, if I were to buy a second copy with the intent to sit on it for a year or two to maximize my value, personally I'd not do that. There's lots of people who can't get it now because local supplies have been exhausted. I'd feel bad.

But I do think it's going to go up in value. Maybe not to $300, but certainly it should maintain solid prices about the $100 retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

We are getting near Christmas time....the price will go up and people will take advantage of that. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

We are getting near Christmas time....the price will go up and people will take advantage of that. :shake:

I think Christmas will cause the game to go for crazy prices on E-bay, maybe in excess of £200.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Well, knowing what ebay is like they will go even higher than £200 laugh

If amazon have raised the price from nearly £90 last week to £150 this week, the likelihood that it will go even higher by Christmas, as I already said, is most likely to be the case.

Just wondering what is the highest price that people will pay for a copy arrrh

Well, it is time for those who bought multiple copies (one person bought 30....yes 30 copies) to play monopoly for real laugh

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.