Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mauro Di Marco was very kind to make a translation of the English rules of Day & Night.

Before I make a final version with images and all, I'm kindly requesting Italian geeks to check the text. If you find anything, please let me know in this thread, so I can discuss/make adjustments. Everyone that helps gets GG or, if you're attending Essen, a magnificent Day & Night poster ;)!

www.dn-boardgame.com/files/TranslationTemplateItalian.doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nesci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the rules and I think he made a really fine job!

Just to make my reading useful, I'll give you 2 minor observations. All that I say here is more about style than correctness but I still think that it is relevant enough to say it.
* it is odd that the casting time of a magic is called "durata". That term (duration) is usually used in gaming to mean how long the effects of a magic last rather than how long it takes to cast it. "Tempo di lancio" ("casting time" in Italian) would be more appropriate IMHO.
* 5th page, bottom; "Caratteristiche di una Magia": it would be more appropriate to say "Caratteristiche di una carta magia".
2 more things:
* I understand the choice to not translate the "game terms" (the red parts). Most of them, however, sound really awkward, especially since there are Italian terms available that are really close.
* I did not see any rules that says what happens when one of the decks is exhausted. Is the discard pile reshuffled?

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Di Marco
Italy
Firenze
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Visit www.ilsa-magazine.it
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Rad on both the points he raised.

Mauro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nesci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! And thanks for the GG too! I didn't think that my observations were so precious. modest
Good luck with the Italian version of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eva g
Greece
flag msg tools
Ciao Mauro e Rad,

How do you think 'Minor spell' and 'Miracle spell' should be translated in Italian?

Italian text looks great by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nesci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the natural translations would be "minore" and "miracolo". One could choose different terms, but I think that this would be the choice that best reflects the original choice of terms where the magics were not called "minor" and "major".
I assume that such a choice was deliberate and personally I think that in a translation it should be preserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first version of the cards are online and there were some edits. Another request for any Italian person to check the cards and comment here or at the image page.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/568349

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eva g
Greece
flag msg tools
Goodmorning to all Italians that helped so much with the translation

It would be great if you could help in one last thing:
The translation of the phrase ''Night Rapture'' in Italian.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Di Marco
Italy
Firenze
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Visit www.ilsa-magazine.it
mbmbmbmbmb
Night Rapture -> Estasi Notturna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is an Italian version scheduled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Prometeo wrote:
Is an Italian version scheduled?

It's not scheduled yet. We're working on the Italian version for Online Day & Night and eventually to attract an Italian distributor. Hopefully we'll have good news after Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any answers from Italian distributors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have several appointments with the Italians =). I'll let you know more soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pity you won't be in Lucca and that the game isn't available before Essen.
We (as Tana dei Goblin Pisa) could have demoed it at the Ludoteca of Lucca Comics and Games fair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Italian rules is missing form the files section, and the link for the temporary version is down... is this intended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nesci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valentijn_Eekels wrote:
The first version of the cards are online and there were some edits. Another request for any Italian person to check the cards and comment here or at the image page.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/568349

Hi, I had a couple of remarks on the card translation and posted a comment to the image you linked in your post up here.

I would have done it sooner, but I hadn't subscribed to the thread at the time so I missed it. Now I bought the game and went through the BGG section again so I noticed it.

Hope the game is doing well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.