Subject: How to unpanched miniatures ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How to cut a mini`s parts from the frames ? with knife or some other ? it is diffucult to me, So I want an advice how to unpanched them with no cosequences ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
Clippers, then use a knife to trim them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread might be worth a look:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/439555
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Those pegs for the SM arms are a pain in the royal bu.. ! The arms fall off and might eventually break. Six of mine have their pins missing...super glued two, four to go. I ended up with super-glued fingers.

I said this somewhere else, GW have a lot to answer for with injuries due to their minis !

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What word are you looking for with "Unpanch"? I guess the closest word be disconnect or something. "Punch" would have been for cardboard counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use fingernail clippers too. The curved shape helps in tight parts of the sprue (tree/frame) and holds the curved shape of the figures as well.

Brother Jim cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Riordan
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plastic connected to the lightning claw scared me the most. That was tricky to get without breaking the blade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find my proper clippers so I ended up using our good pet nail clippers and small curved fingernail scissors. Worked like a charm for the SM pieces (haven't done GS yet) — didn't break anything and there's hardly any noticeable twist-off leftovers.

The trick for me was to isolate each piece and cut the frames into pieces that could be easily twisted off. And if you're twisting off near a small piece (like those lightning claws), hold onto that piece so it doesn't come off too. Had a couple close calls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank`s guy`s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

Those pegs for the SM arms are a pain in the royal bu.. ! The arms fall off and might eventually break. Six of mine have their pins missing...super glued two, four to go. I ended up with super-glued fingers.

I said this somewhere else, GW have a lot to answer for with injuries due to their minis !

Regards.

I am gluing mine as I paint them (so I can take them apart if necessary) so most of my figs are still just pushed together. None have fallen apart and none have broken.

I can't believe you have had this much trouble - first the stealers, and now the marines! From what you are saying in this and other threads you now have a bunch of crippled marines fighting zombies...

Are you overegging the pudding?

If this is your first time putting this sort of thing together and you really are having this much of a pig getting everything sorted out, then I feel bad. Even compared to the other stories on this site, your tale of woe seems by far the worst.

Are you sure you didn't buy a second hand / damaged set? I would seriously consider contacting the vendor because it sounds like you got sent a sh*t sandwich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.