Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first solo game last night. 43 points was my score assuming I made no mistakes. I had several questions:

1) How many stables can you put in a pasture assuming it is a multisquare pasture? If you can put more than 1 stable in a multi square pasture does each additional stable again double the number of animals?

2) Grain and veggies do not accumulate, right? You can only take one during the action phase. Just checking.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jackson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah one stable per square and each one doubles the capacity (so two stables quadruples the capacity etc.)

And yes the grain and veggies don't accumulate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
I just played my first solo game last night. 43 points was my score assuming I made no mistakes. I had several questions:

1) How many stables can you put in a pasture assuming it is a multisquare pasture? If you can put more than 1 stable in a multi square pasture does each additional stable again double the number of animals?

You can put one stable on each square on the board. So if a pasture is two squares large then you can have two stables in the pasture. and each of those doubles the capacity of the pasture. Or in this case, (2x2x2x2=) 16 animals (of one kind)
Quote:

2) Grain and veggies do not accumulate, right? You can only take one during the action phase. Just checking.

Thanks!
Right, neither accumulates. Check for the arrows on the things that does accumulate. They are missing from the spaces where you get grain and vegetables
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know they're both right because they both have Han Solo avatars .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Cassidy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
senseless wrote:

lol, I was about to point that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hakko504 wrote:
You can put one stable on each square on the board. So if a pasture is two squares large then you can have two stables in the pasture. and each of those doubles the capacity of the pasture. Or in this case, (2x2x2x2=) 16 animals (of one kind)

The math on this works to give the right answer but should have been ((2+2)x2x2)=16
With a three square pasture and two stables it would be ((2+2+2)x2x2)=24 and not 32 like multiplying all the twos would give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avron wrote:
hakko504 wrote:

The math on this works to give the right answer but should have been ((2+2)x2x2)=16
With a three square pasture and two stables it would be ((2+2+2)x2x2)=24 and not 32 like multiplying all the twos would give.

Thanks, that thoroughly answers my question.

Now that I know the answer I see that having more than one stable in a multi-square pasture doesn't really make sense because it is overkill in terms of game points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senseless wrote:

He said it was a solo game, so that's who answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
Now that I know the answer I see that having more than one stable in a multi-square pasture doesn't really make sense because it is overkill in terms of game points.

There is a card that lets you keep different animal types in the same pasture. If you had this card it might make sense to jam multiple stables in a pasture so it would supply all your animal housing needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.