flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dale 200, Debbie 270, JohnP 210, Scott 150

So we decided to play Bazaar as we needed a short game to play while Tycoon was finishing up. I went first, and this proved to be a huge advantage as I was able to collect the first jewel in the game (with no stars left over) on my third turn. This got me off to a quick 100 point lead (out of a goal of 300). Scott took a different approach, and constantly went after the two-star jewels hoping for higher payouts per jewel, though they were definitely more difficult to obtain. Debbie took yet a different line of strategy – she didn’t care how many commodities she had left over – she just figured if she had enough jewels, she could make a big trade each turn and still pick up a jewel almost every turn. Even though these wouldn’t be high scoring, it was still positive points each turn. John P just took jewels whenever he could. In the end, I snuck out the win by getting to a two-star jewel (5 green commodities), one turn before Debbie would have been able to buy the last jewel she would have needed to put her over the top (she had like 8 or 9 commodities in her possession, so she would have surely been able to collect something). Still, an interesting contrast in strategies – I’d never considered doing the massive jewel strategy, and it appears that it’s quite viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.