Subject: BATTLE CRY ON LINE, WHERE TO PLAY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a game I would love to buy, but unfortunatly it seems almost priceless.
I don't see myself paying $100 for any game, and am not likely to run into any bargains at this side of the ocean.
Running into it at all over here, would seem like a small miracle.

So than I found out you can actually play this on line, wich seems like the next best thing.

But where to play, I know you can play it on Vassal, but also on boardgameonline (I think it's called).
So what's the difference and where should I play.
Both are free, but boardgame has the option to play alone against a computer (wich seems a good way to build up some experience before facing a real player), than again playing against a person will cost you, so maybe better try Vassal.

I wonder what your advise on this will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The online site is http://gametableonline.com/

As far as I know, Game Table Online player-vs-player is still free. The nice thing about GTO is that it enforces the game rules. Vassal doesn't and you may find that you have to re-do some turns if one of you makes an illegal move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are seriously in luck!

GameTableOnline has got you covered, with an amazing online implementation of Battle Cry - and it's free!

Now bone up on the rules, practice against the AI, and then try to find a partner interested in playing.

It really couldn't get much better.

[/not a shill]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only their Mac implementation was better:

GTO FAQ wrote:
Q. Does GameTable Online Support Mac computers?

At this time we do not support Mac computers. Furthermore, there have been known issues with playing on a Macintosh, so keep that in mind when deciding whether to purchase GTO Coins and activate games on a Mac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
The online site is http://gametableonline.com/

As far as I know, Game Table Online player-vs-player is still free. The nice thing about GTO is that it enforces the game rules. Vassal doesn't and you may find that you have to re-do some turns if one of you makes an illegal move.

No, I'm just having a go at this for the first time, but you have to pay 80 GTO (I think that's their own currency) to play against others.
But when I feel confident enough for that, there's allways VASSAL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hm, well that was sort of amusing.
Next time I'll come better prepared and realy read the rules, but to me it is very much like memoir, but no surprise there as isn't it the same game system.

the whole outcome of the battle, i.e. how they decided them, reminded me very m uch of risk.

There must be a way to get that artillery to fire.
No doubt will find out next time.

But this to me, yet again, proves the point, that there is nothing more fun that to play an opponent sitting opposite of the board (allthough I must admit having tried an on-line person to person battle as yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well at least it is very easy to use.

I've gone Vassal at the same time, but haven't figured out how to play games on that as yet.
Yeah I know it's probably me being stupid again.

A game I know and own is Allies and Axis and I guess I could have a go at that, but it is a very long game and you apparenlty can't save it so you can continue another day.
which is especially a pest as my computer has the hickups from time to time and disconnects.
No idea why, it probably just doesn't like me very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I think the major problem in that battle was, me not getting the cards I needed.

Starting to get the hang of it and may even decide to have a go against a real person some day.

I'd try Axis and Alies, but the solo games I tried take so long, I daren't try it against a player as I fear I'll run out of time before the game has ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.