Subject: What to do when both Radar and Airfields are Low Target Priority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Rodenburg
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
During a recent game both Airfields and Radar Stations were rated as Low Target Priority for a good while. My friend and I found that we had to draw something like eight target cards before we would get an applicable one. The thought occured to me that in this situation the secondary target on the card should be allowed as a mission objective. Assign it a target priority of one, or if even that leads to No Raid most of the time, a two. One definite advantage is that a lot of places which almost never get attacked would be targetted now and then, which would make for more variety.

By the way, having both Airfields and Radar at Low Priority wasn't as sweet as you might think. Almost all raids were against ports, which usually have no OCV bonus, and the Germans never went beyond Me-109 range. Heavy raids repeatedly hit a small set of targets, sometimes the same Port several times in a turn--it was hard to deal with.

By the way, my friend and I started cheating by allowing the RAF three early warning points per active radar station, and three VPs per end of day. We were using the night raid option, and that alone can easily cost a VP per day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is the cool thing about Solitaire games, changes to rules to fit your needs won't get you a punch in the nose from the overzealous board game player (wasn't there a "Bud Light presents..." commercial for that guy?) I have found that the RAF, if they can withstand the initial onslaught will make it back up in the long run (Lion only) Getting reinforcements into play early eats up VP but has paid off for me, having that extra squadron available to respond.

Good Hunting
Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.