Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wave of Steel preview issue is now available in the files section. Enjoy!

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wave of Steel -- Preview Issue
Excellent job Barry! With publications of this quality, the interest in all things TOI should remain high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wave of Steel -- Preview Issue
Thanks, Chris -- I really appreciate it. I put a lot of effort into it, even for a short preview issue to test the waters. Hopefully it's received well, and if so I'll march on with future issues.

Malcolm Green (GreenBear) is contributing some content for the first issue, and I'm looking forward to what he comes up with. It should be out early in December, and will focus more on D-Day and Normandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff - really makes me wish I was able to get the game to table more regularly.

Maybe when one of my regular partners and myself have finished off all the Combat Commander Pacific scenarios...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff, and this is 'only' a preview!!!

I like the layout a lot!!!

I laughed when I read the 'Welcome'.
My first wargame was 'Storm over Arnhem' so of cause I had to see the movie too. Loved it and it was the best war movie back then (despite the German look-a-like tanks) - but 'Saving Private Ryan' and the serie 'Band of Brothers' beat its today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Barry that is absolutely brilliant.
I really hope that this can be a success for you and all TOI players. The quality of this is very impressive.....well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daz Geddes
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wow and only a preview awesome work mate hats off to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Very well done, congratulations!
I especially like the extended historical background on 'The Merville Battery Assault'.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Alexander Heijnen
Norway
Halden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed looking at the preview! This looks like a winner! Nice graphic design. Good in depth mission with background, set up etc. Very nice. I was secretly hoping to see your bridge too far preview piece to show up in there (as well as a scenario that goes with it) but that's just me getting excited.

I really hope that this fanzine will become an extra resource for Tide of Iron. With missions, background articles (on missions but maybe also on leaders, vehicles, weapons etc), extra map(pieces)/squad cards/leaders. Maybe even some modelling/painting?

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LilRed wrote:
bride too far

Brain ... melting ... so ... many ... jokes ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Scrivins
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job, Barry. I'd be interested in contributing to future issues, other might too. Which formats would you like submissions to be in? Text, Word, PDF? Any of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, Ian! I'm looking forward to working on more issues.

MS Word submissions are fine, or even just plain text files. That way I can copy or import the text into my layout software.

Brevity is key -- it's a gaming magazine first, history mag second, so I think most folks would prefer short, interesting articles. I want to inspire players to get the game on the table.

One page articles should be between 550-600 words, and 1100-1200 for two pagers. If you have to go three that's fine, but I'd prefer to keep them to one or two pages.

Deadline for the first issue is sometime early in November, if you want to take a crack at it!

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job Barry! Looking forward to being a part of the next issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant, just brilliant. Thank God for clever people like you Can't wait to see the next issue. At last something to look forward to, FFG certainly don't seen in any hurry to put anything else outcry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.