Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
answer me a question I can't itemize
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaison Robinson is the latest Survivor contestant to list something other than Monopoly as his favorite game. Jaison's favorite game is Diplomacy. If there is one game that could get you ready to be on Survivor it's Diplomacy. Jaison is also a stereotype buster; he's the black guy gamer/Eagle Scout/swimmer.

There may have been other gamers on the show recently, don't know. The last one I remember for sure was Misty from season 12. Her favorite was Settlers of Catan. It's no Power Grid but better than most who list Monopoly or Apples to Apples as their fave. Coincidentally, Misty and Jaison = both from Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Only in America do we take something like starving oneself on purpose and make it into a game where you can win a million dollars.

Some people of the world play that game everyday; except they play it because they have no choice and they play it for much higher stakes...their lives. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm Diplomacy player on Survivor. If he is a good player it will work wonderful for him to plot against other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing new, Stephen from last season was also a Diplomacy player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Only in America do we take something like starving oneself on purpose and make it into a game where you can win a million dollars.

Some people of the world play that game everyday; except they play it because they have no choice and they play it for much higher stakes...their lives. shake

I wouldn't say that "starving" is a central part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Have you seen any Japanese game shows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector Vortac wrote:
Jaison is also a stereotype buster; he's the black guy gamer/Eagle Scout/swimmer.

I just watched the first episode the other night and the opening 20 minutes were fantastic. The amount of forced "they're all thinking it" racism shot through the roof.

It started with Jaison getting selected as the swimmer. I turned to eggie and said "the black guys never swim well on these shows". Cut to a contestant who says the exact thing. So yeah, props to Jaison for tearing it up in the lagoon.

As the "leader" picked the asian chick for intelligence, eggie immediately said "he just picked her because she's asian". Cut to that woman ranting about how everyone thinks asians are smart.

Lastly, "better looking Lennox Lewis". Awesome.

All in all, that opening segment knocked it out of the park while reminding everyone that, like the song from Avenue Q, everyone's a little bit racist.

Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

The Swedes did it first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedition:_Robinson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.