Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
First off, is there somewhere I can find a list (plus the contents of) all the popular deck types from throughout Magic's history? Once I found a thread on the magicthegathering.com forums that listed a bunch but it was hard as hell to find whatever I'd happen to be looking for because there was no quick descriptions of the decks, and even worse, lot's of the decks were just named after the person who created them, or else they had some vague name tangentially related to the contents of the deck, something like "Daniel's super win deck" or "The thing in the mist". It's like "Umm, ok, so I'm looking for a basic g/r creature beatdown deck*, where would I look? Do I actually have to click on 200 or so different links just to chance upon what I'm looking for?" C'mon, there should be an easier way.

Anyway, second question, What is Elder Dragon Highlander and where do I find the rules?

*I'm not actually looking for a g/r beatdown deck, it was just an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilhelm
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the second question, I would refer you to the quickly Google searched: http://www.dragonhighlander.net/rules.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Their is no end all be all decks list that I know of. BUT www.starcitygames.com does have a filter for decks. You pick what type you are interested in Standard, Extended, Legacy, Vintage. Then you can search by cards or names of decks. These are based off of decklists from top eights in tournaments. It also give you the option of picking certain dates. This is probably the best thing for what you are looking for. The link is at the top of the page Deck Database.

SCG is the best place for Magic info in general.

Elder Dragon Highlander is in my opinion the very best way to play Magic. It encourages you to have fun and is the closest to Garfield's vision of what Magic should be. The previous poster has the right link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
Their is no end all be all decks list that I know of. BUT www.starcitygames.com does have a filter for decks. You pick what type you are interested in Standard, Extended, Legacy, Vintage. Then you can search by cards or names of decks. These are based off of decklists from top eights in tournaments. It also give you the option of picking certain dates. This is probably the best thing for what you are looking for. The link is at the top of the page Deck Database.

This looks pretty good, but I can only search for decks from approximately within the past year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just found http://magicdeckvortex.com/DDB_decks_by_type.htm and it seems kinda close to what I'm looking for.

edit: upon further investigation, this site isn't quite what I was looking for. It seems to be mainly a bunch of casual decks. While it is kinda interesting, it's not what I'm looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.deckcheck.net

An amazing site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick the Greek
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Theme_deck_%28preconstr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a book called "Deckade" by Michael J. Flores. It is 10 years of decks, thought, and theory. Among other things, it discusses all major decktypes from 1996-2006, and includes many, many decklists. It night be what you are looking for. I bought my copy from top8magic.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck_search_result.asp?Format=...

I linked the extended decks, but the page has vintage, legacy and standard. It shows each deck as well as its standing on several tournaments. There are also a lot of "rogue" decks in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Holy crap! You guys are all awesome! Thanks a ton!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Holy crap! You guys are all awesome! Thanks a ton!

Thanks are good. Geek gold is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.