Middle-Earth Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing Influence on Havens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keenan Fenton
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is it possible for Sauron to place influence directly on a Haven? Based on some of the haven restrictions, it seems like it thematically would be inconsistent, but I didn't see it exclusively prohibited in the section on placing influence. Extending influence would be easier if it was possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing influence in Havens is expressly prohibited on page 16, under the heading "Placing Influence on Locations". Where did you look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keenan Fenton
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmm, page 16 actually, and a couple other spots. Don't know how I missed that, considering I looked at it a couple times. Must have been rushing since we were mid first game. Guess its only fair since the heroes can't remove it from shadow strongholds. Thanks for the clarification, hopefully I didn't completely miss anything else three times overblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speshul_K wrote:
Hmm, page 16 actually, and a couple other spots. Don't know how I missed that, considering I looked at it a couple times. Must have been rushing since we were mid first game. Guess its only fair since the heroes can't remove it from shadow strongholds. Thanks for the clarification, hopefully I didn't completely miss anything else three times overblush

It can happen, believe me. While the rulebook is complete, it's not that easy to find some of the "exception" rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Speshul_K wrote:

It can happen, believe me. While the rulebook is complete, it's not that easy to find some of the "exception" rules.

It would've been nice of FFG to bold/italicize a few more of the important bits, like this one or the "max 2 influence to Shadow Pool per Influence Action".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
It would've been nice of FFG to bold/italicize a few more of the important bits, like this one or the "max 2 influence to Shadow Pool per Influence Action".

There is a list of "frequently overlooked rules" on page 36.

It's harder than you think for the authors to predict which rules each player is likely to overlook, though. Pretty soon you would end up bolding the whole rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

There is a list of "frequently overlooked rules" on page 36.

Interestingly, neither of my points are on the list .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Interestingly, neither of my points are on the list .

That's my point. If they added your two rules, and the two rules I overlooked, and the two rules someone else overlooked, and so on, pretty soon the list of "emphasized" rules would be several pages by itself. Almost any rule can be overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try to overlook EVERY rule, that way I can play how I want and increase my chances of winning. :laugh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.