Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yet again stupid rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I read the rules but I really don't understand some of them...this is pity since it seems like really funny a bit like werewolf? But could work even with 3 players (with the variant of everyone having 3 cards depicting their teams?)

Anyways on to the questions:
1.When the game begins you get x itmes and you able to hold y items... Rest of the items are removed from the game?! (It clearly says that) so were do you draw cards during stalemate?! And actually isin't it usually better to get more items to the game (atleast more fun and actually you might not be even able to win if you don't have all the goblets etc?)
So should I allways try to end fights in stalemate?!

2.Trading how does to this work? I offer (in secret?) bag to an opponent he wants to give me bag himself or somethign else...does he get to first inspect the item I am giving him and then choose if he accepts trade or not...and in case he only has the other bag He must decline because it's illegal trade?
If this is right then why would you ever wanna trade at the beginning of the game?! Since the trade can help or hinder your side ..you just don't know...but anyawys the other player at the very least gets to know of your items?

3. Supporting combat I know that I should be vary when deciding if support attacker or support the defender ...but can a case be made to induce stalemates (no matter which side you are on) to get more items into the game and then making it little bit shorter?

3)a) If I attack in three player game one of the other players and the third does nothing then is it stalemate?! (Which is really good!?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Declaring victory:

How does this work?

I mean Can I declare victory If I have no wining items myself? I suspect no?

Do I win if I declare mike and john on my team and either I have 1 item and john is my side and has two and then mike has nothing but is on my side...

I suspect I lose since a decladerd additional people than I was supposed and then It does not matter what side they are ...I lose if I dont mention excatly the people on my side that have all the 3 artifacts... ...I could I guess name 3 pople that had together 4 objects...not sure about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Lacerte
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
answer for question 1: You draw cards from a pick-up pile. As it is said in the rule booklet on page GB-3 :"The remaining cards with the seals are shuffled and put down face-down as a pick-up pile. If cards without a seal are also in the game, they are added to the cards with a seal, are shuffled and are put down as the pick-up pile." I can't see where you could have read to remove the cards from the game. I could be interesting, as you say, to end the early fight in the games as a stalemate, because there can be interesting objects in the draw pile since it is bigger.

answer for question 2: When you trade, the person that is being offerd a card always gets to look at it before accepting or refeusing the trade. As you say, you can't trade a boag for a bag. As for your question that if trading in early game is good or not, that depends on your strategy. Some card you trade gives you some advantage (like looking at the organisation or the occupation of the player you trade with) that are very powerfull.

answer for question 3: Yes, you can voluntarely not participate in the support of an attack to create a stalemate.Like it is said in the rule booklet on page GB-9: "If a player decides to abstain himself, he keeps his character card on his hand." A player if free to do that for whatever reason he feels correct.

answer for question 3a: If there is no object or occuoation that can help either the defender or the attacker, Yes it is a stalemate.

Hope this will help.
Lucrada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Lacerte
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. To declare victory, you must at least have one object. Like it is said on the page GB-10 of the rule booklet: "If a player thinks that his association owns the necessary objects and he owns at least one of them himself, he may proclaim the victory." Don't foget that the bags turn into a key and a goblet (one each) as soon as the draw pile is empty.

You are correct, you lose if you don't mention excatly the people on your organisation that have all the 3 objects.

Happy gaming! This is quite a nice game.
Lucrada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this and it was FUN! like werewolf fun only it worked somewhat even with 3 people!

one question...

Ok so I have 3keys can I name myself and win?
I have one key..but I name 2 guys of my organisaion which have the 2 remainig keys but not one each? ! Do I lose?

I assume I lose in all cases where I name other people who don't have keys from my organisation or nay people from the other organisation?!

I also assume that If I name people in my organisaion that all together have more that 3 keys (possible with bag!! and other items?) I also lose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.