Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here i will post little articles concerning deckbuilding and strategy in elemental clash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: elemental clash strategy
Elemental Clash Strategy - Harnessing the Power of DPT:

Discard-Pile-Trigger, or shortly DPT is a very useful card ability in and of itself. Combined with the right cards though, you can abuse it and create powerful decks.
The very backbone of each decent DPT-deck is, besides the DPT-cards themselves, a set of, as I like to call them, DPT-enablers. There is a number of Fire-Creatures that do the job pretty well. Salamander, Fiery Devil and Archdemon should form the core of a successfull DPT-Deck. Especially Archdemon is a great choice, as he is both a huge threat to your opponent and triggers DPT-effects through his drawback ability. The rest of the card choices depends on which other element you choose to add to the mix. Below are two decklists I designed trying to make the most of DPT-effects.

DPT-Deck I: Fire/Water

DPT-enablers:
3 x Salamander
3 x Fiery Devil
3 x Archdemon
2 x Tsunami

DPT-cards:
3 x Merman
3 x Shattering Wave
3 x Flaring Flames
2 x Rummage
2 x Recurring Stone

other ES:
2 x Hastestone
7 x Mars-Stone
7 x Mercury-Stone

DPT-Deck: Fire/Air:

DPT-enablers:
3 x Salamander
3 x Fiery Devil
3 x Archdemon
3 x Time Leap

DPT-cards:
3 x Arcane Teachings
3 x Flaring Flames
3 x Windwanderer
2 x Recurring Stone

other ES:
2 x Hastestone
7 x Jupiter-Stone
8 x Mars-Stone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stronghold: How to annoy your opponent

Me and some friends found out, through excessive playtesting, that when you open up a brand new 54-card starter-pack "earth" you only have to remove 14 cards to get a competitive, above average deck. Among the four different starter-packs (one for each element), "earth" seems to be by far the strongest. Packed with "reanimation" (Necromancy and Excavate) and restocking Spells (Earth Ritual and Venus Wurm) it is nearly impossible for the opponent to overcome this rather basic earth-deck. This is why I like to call this defensive deck "The Stronghold". The only chance to win against it is to inflict as much damage as fast and as early as possible so that the "Stronghold" player doesn’t have the time to build up his or her defensive lines. But once the deck unfolds, there is almost no chance to win against it. Using Venus Wurm to bring back Excavate and Necromancy and then using Necromancy and Excavate to bring back the Wurm allows the "Stronghold" Player to go infinite cards in his or her Spellbook. Thus it is possible to stay defensive (Earth Wall, which is 1 ATK / 7 DEF, comes in very handy for this strategy) and inflict not a single point of damage and still win the game solely because the opponent has to draw a card each turn, running out of cards "naturally" so to say.
This defensive reanimation deck will be unbeatable once the overpowered "unique" (a deck may only contain one copy of a card with unique) Creatures come out with the Expansion-Set "Unicum". Simply wait for the unique cards to land in your Discard-Pile and then reanimate them through Excavate / Necromancy, go offensive and dish out insane amounts of damage.
Below you see my "Stronghold" decklist. Only the Loam Shaman is from the first Expansion-Set "Underworld". All other cards are from the Basic-Set starter-pack "earth".

Stronghold.dec:

Creatures:

3 x Loam Shaman
3 x Troll Grunt
2 x Bone Warrior
2 x Earth Wall
2 x Venus Wurm

Spells:

1 x Hardening
3 x Earth Ritual
2 x Elemental Ritual
3 x Excavate
3 x Necromancy

Element-Stones

2 x Powerstone
2 x Sparkstone
12 x Venus-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salvage.dec.:

In Elemental Clash’s third expansion-set "Spellforce" there are going to be numerous Creatures and Spells that have the special ability "Salvage". The rules for the Salvage-ability read as follows:

Salvage: If you put a card with "Salvage" from your hand onto your DP, you may play it for free immediately. A Creature is put either into its owner’s ATK- or DEF-Zone and a Spell is put onto its owner’s DP.

Here is a possible Decklist that makes the most of your Salvage-cards:

Salvage-Exploitation-Deck:

Salvage-enablers (13):

2 x Firemaw (F)

3 x Goblin Cadet (F)

3 x Giant Kraken (W)

2 x Burning Thoughts (F)

3 x Rummage (W)

Salvage-cards (14):

2 x Flowering Wall (E)

3 x Spark Spirit (F)

3 x Fiery Bolt (F)

3 x Restock (E)

3 x Salvager Stone (N)

Element-Stones (13)

1 x Hastestone (N)

1 x Powerstone (N)

6 x Mars-Stone (N)

5 x Mercury-Stone (N)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tribal-decks:

Undead.dec:

Creatures:

3 x Restless Corpse
3 x Bone Warrior
3 x Carrion Maggot
3 x Carrion Feeder
3 x Spirit of the Dead

Spells:

3 x Bloody Tribute
3 x Unnatural Strength
3 x Banner of the Undead

Element-Stones:

2 x Powerstone
3 x Death-Stone
11 x Venus Stone

Trolls.dec.:

Creatures:

3 x Troll Shaman
3 x Loam Shaman
3 x Troll Grunt
3 x Troll Brute
3 x Troll Champion
3 x Venus Caller

Spells:

3 x Elemental Ritual
3 x Trollhide Spell

Element-Stones:

3 x Troll-Stone
2 x Powerstone
11 x Venus-Stone

Goblins.dec.:

Creatures:

3 x Goblin Cadet
3 x Goblin Coward
3 x Goblin Warrior
3 x Goblin Champion
3 x Mars Caller

Spells:

3 x Mars’ Rage
3 x Flaring Flames
3 x Goblin Ambush

Element-Stones:

2 x Hastestone
3 x Goblin-Stone
11 x Mars-Stone

Merfolk.dec.:

Creatures:

3 x Merman
3 x Merfolk Meddler
3 x Wave Courier
3 x Merfolk Champion
3 x Mercury-Caller

Spells:

3 x Forbid
3 x Benthic Call
3 x Coral Reef

Element Stones:

3 x Merfolk-Stone
2 x Powerstone
11 x Mercury-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy - Reanimator:

The decklist below is a variation on the "Stronghold" deck I wrote about in an earlier article. It takes advantage of the fact that your unique Creatures (a Spellbook / deck may only contain one copy of a card with unique) land in your Discard Pile sooner or later, what makes them ready to be reanimated by Excavate and Necromancy. There is also the trick with Venus Wurm and Geomancer, which bring back Necromancy and Excavate, only to be reanimated by them over and over again.
Stonelore is ideal for fetching one of your unique Element-Stones (Dragonstone and Stone of Wisdom). The only problem you could experience with this deck could be that off-colour cards like the unique dragons end up in your hand, with you having no way of playing or discarding them so that they could be reanimated. Maybe future expansion-sets may bring a suitable discard outlet to add to the mix. In the brackets you see the respective expansion-set for every card in the deck, so that it is easier for you to look up the cards in the card lists.

Unique Reanimator.dec:

Creatures (12):

1 x Titania, Queen of the Woods (Unicum)
1 x Xilvox, Darkwood Sovereign (Unicum)
1 x Goldfeather, King of the Clouds (Unicum)
1 x Bargost Thundertail (Unicum)
1 x Ascarius, Lord of Storms (Unicum)
1 x Grimlock the Cruel (Unicum)
1 x Finborg, Sire of the Seven Seas (Unicum)
2 x Geomancer (Unicum)
2 x Venus Wurm (Basic-Set)

Spells (12):

3 x Earth Ritual (Basic-Set)
3 x Stonelore (Spellforce)
3 x Excavate (Basic-Set)
3 x Necromancy (Basic-Set)

Element-Stones (16):

1 x Dragon Stone (Unicum)
1 x Stone of Wisdom (Unicum)
1x Hastestone (Basic-Set)
2 x Powerstone (Basic-Set)
11 x Venus-Stone (Basic-Set)

Note: Adding one Rainbow-Stone might solve the issue with off-colour cards ending up dead in your hand. has to be tested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windwheel-Combo:

Use card draw (Wave Courier, Wave of Wisdom, Gust of Wind) to get a Windwheel. Once Windwheel is in play you can use the Effects of your PE-Creatures over and over again! For instance you could return a Creature to its opponents hand using the Stormmaster every turn, virtually stalling the enemy. But be careful with all the card draw Effects. You might end up depleting your own Spellbook and lose.
Furthermore you can use Storm Blessing and Hastestone to attack with Creatures you have just played.

Creatures (9):

3 x Wave Courier (W)
3 x Mercury-Shatterer (W)
3 x Jupiter-Stormmaster (A)

Spells (14):

3 x Wave of Wisdom (W)
3 x Gust of Wind (A)
3 x Whirlwind (A)
2 x Storm Blessing (A)
3 x Windwheel (A)

Element-Stones (17):

2 x Hastestone
8 x Mercury-Stone
7 x Jupiter-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gray in Gray:

This Deck exploits the abilities of Neutral Creatures and Spells to the max. Banner of Neutrality boosts all Creatures while Anti-Effect-Field renders your opponent’s Creature’s PE, DE und LE useless. At the same time it cancels out the negative side-effect of Gold Golem. The fact that you do not need coloured energy allows you to play lots of nifty special ES with lots of useful Effects. There is nothing more beautiful than to play a first turn Clay Golem onto a Powerstone or a Hastestone.

Creatures (12):

3 x Clay Golem (N)
3 x Stone Warrior (N)
3 x Iron Golem (N)
3 x Gold Golem (N)

Spells (13):

3 x Banner of N. (N)
3 x Building Plans (N)
3 x Anti-Effect-Field (N)
3 x Fountain of Health (N)
1 x Mindblocker (N)

Element-Stones (15):

3 x Sparkstone
3 x Hastestone
3 x Recurring Stone
3 x Powerstone
3 x Protective Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purge - how to take the steam out of DPT and "Stronghold":

I’m really looking forward to the expansion-set "Bestiary", which is due to be released either in December or January. After I had made up the new ability "Purge" for "Bestiary", I realized that it has a quite desirable effect on the game, as it literally takes the steam out of two dominant, overpowered deck-archetypes: "Stronghold" and "DPT-Exploitation". But at first let us take a look on the rules-text for "Purge":

Purge: If a Creature or Spell with "Purge" would deal damage to a player, instead of putting cards from the top of his or her SB onto his or her DP, remove these cards from the game. When a Creature would be destroyed through damage from a Creature or Spell with "Purge", it is also removed from the game.

So, how does "Purge" affect the game?

Well, first of all, it overrides the DPT-ability. DPT takes place only when a card is put from a SB onto the DP, and not when it is removed from the game. "DPT-Exploitation" decks are thus considerably weakened.

Also, the "Stronghold" deck loses its power through "Purge"-cards. Its Creatures do not land in the DP, but are removed from the game entirely, thus being out of reach for "reanimation"-Spells like Excavate and Necromancy. What is more, the infinite-cards loop generated through the combination of Venus Wurm’s Destroy-Effect and Excavate/Necromancy is dismantled. Even Venus-Wurm itself cannot make use of its DE (Take a number of cards equal to the DEF-value of Venus Wurm from your DP and put them under your SB in any order), as it is not put onto its owner’s DP when destroyed, but removed from the game entirely instead.

I must say that I am quite happy about how the "Purge" ability affects the game, as it weakens two of the stronges deck-types. I am sure that the new "Purge" cards will be seen in many decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
jilocasin wrote:
Purge - how to take the steam out of DPT and "Stronghold":

I’m really looking forward to the expansion-set "Bestiary", which is due to be released either in December or January. After I had made up the new ability "Purge" for "Bestiary", I realized that it has a quite desirable effect on the game, as it literally takes the steam out of two dominant, overpowered deck-archetypes: "Stronghold" and "DPT-Exploitation". But at first let us take a look on the rules-text for "Purge":

Purge: If a Creature or Spell with "Purge" would deal damage to a player, instead of putting cards from the top of his or her SB onto his or her DP, remove these cards from the game. When a Creature would be destroyed through damage from a Creature or Spell with "Purge", it is also removed from the game.

So, how does "Purge" affect the game?

Well, first of all, it overrides the DPT-ability. DPT takes place only when a card is put from a SB onto the DP, and not when it is removed from the game. "DPT-Exploitation" decks are thus considerably weakened.

Also, the "Stronghold" deck loses its power through "Purge"-cards. Its Creatures do not land in the DP, but are removed from the game entirely, thus being out of reach for "reanimation"-Spells like Excavate and Necromancy. What is more, the infinite-cards loop generated through the combination of Venus Wurm’s Destroy-Effect and Excavate/Necromancy is dismantled. Even Venus-Wurm itself cannot make use of its DE (Take a number of cards equal to the DEF-value of Venus Wurm from your DP and put them under your SB in any order), as it is not put onto its owner’s DP when destroyed, but removed from the game entirely instead.

I must say that I am quite happy about how the "Purge" ability affects the game, as it weakens two of the stronges deck-types. I am sure that the new "Purge" cards will be seen in many decks.

Neat.
But I got single concern - how will you make those "Purge" cards to balance the game without overpowering it? I mean - Stronghold and DPT were strongest decks. Now Purge-decks will be strongest. Or am I wrong? Is there something to "counter" Purge effects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i know somehow you would say this, but i think purge decks are never going to be as overpowered as stronghold and dpt-exploitation. purge is not an offensive ability per se and does little to bring down the opponent. it is just good against these two powerful deck types. people not playing dpt or stronghold/reanimator decks couldn't care less whether their cards go to the discard-pile or are removed from the game. so imho purge-decks are never going to be overpowered, they will just have a fighting chance against dpt-exploitation and stronghold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transform - A look on a versatile new ability:

Besides "Astral", "Transform" is the newest card ability in the expansion-set "Otherworld". It may sound a bit strange, but it basically came to me in a dream.
Here is the rules text for Transform:

Transform: You may play this card face-down as an Element-Stone that produces 1 Neutral Energy. During your Main-Phase, you may flip this card face-up and play it onto a suitable ES-pile.

So, what does this mean? First of all, if you play a card face down, your opponent will never know what it is eventually going to become. Then, there are lots of cards with effects that trigger when cards are flipped, making them decent additions to any Transform-deck! What is more, with lots of Transform-cards you may considerably decrease the Element-Stone count in a deck, as you can play these cards as Neutral ES, allowing you to add more Spells and Creatures to the mix. In combination with P-Spells, Transform-cards have another advantage: You can first play a P-Spell onto an ES-pile, thus blocking it, and then turn the Transform-cards from the blocked pile into useful Creatures and Spells.

Below you see a rather aggressive Transform-decklist. To look up the cards, see the "Otherworld"-spoiler (http://ap.o-nan.org/wp-content/uploads/expansion-set-otherwo...). Whenever a card gets flipped, your Spark Spitters and Magma Maulers deal damage, your Transforming Fury strengthens your Creatures and your Miraculous Automatons grow bigger and bigger. With "Astral", Lightning Sprite and Spirit of War are hard-to-block threats. Spirit of War and Flaming Darts also add "Purge" to the mix, in order to give the deck a fighting chance against DPT- and Reanimator-style decks. And with almost 20 Transform-cards, 12 Element-Stones should be more than enough.

Transformer.dec:

Transform-cards (19):

3 x Lightning Sprite
2 x Spirit of the Storm
3 x Spirit of War
3 x Flaming Darts
3 x Transforming Fury
3 x Amulet of History
2 x Amulet of Fire

Other Creatures (9):

3 x Spark Spitter
3 x Miraculous Automaton
3 x Magma Mauler

Element-Stones (12)

7 x Mars-Stone
5 x Jupiter-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card-draw in Elemental Clash: To draw or not to draw - that is the question:

Drawing cards is one of the most important aspects of card games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon etc. It ensures that players do not run out of "threats" and "answers", as I like to call it. Threats are cards that enable you to win the game by attacking the opponent directly or by weakening him or her indirectly. Answers are cards that enable you to deal with the threats the opponent plays or has in play.

Due to Elemental Clash’s game mechanic of having to put one card from the top of your draw-pile (the Spellbook) onto your discard pile for each and every point of damage you receive, with players losing if they are unable to draw a card from their Spellbook, card draw becomes a twofold meaning: On the one hand, it is vital for getting your hands on said threats and answers, on the other hand, drawing a card means you have one card less in your Spellbook. Each card you draw virtually equals one point of damage to you, thus making card draw in Elemental Clash a rather ambivalent, but through this a very appealing aspect of the game.

As a deckbuilder, you have to carefully consider, how much card draw (like the classic Wave of Wisom, the cheap Arcane Teachings or the powerful Rummage) you want to pack into a deck without harming yourself too much, or drawing too much card-draw you do not want to play due to lack of cards in your Spellbook.

What is more, these circumstances offer tremendous potential and opportunites for the game designer: There can be cards which force you to draw cards (Wave of Wisdom for example), and yet other cards that let you choose whether to draw a card or not (like Spell Surge). This tiny difference in wording may be crucial depending on the circumstances. With cards that say "you may draw X card(s)", you might want to draw early on in the game, but pass in late game when you are already low on cards in your Spellbook. Also, this system gives cards like Coerced Knowledge a double meaning. Coerced Knowledge has target Player draw three cards. Use it on yourself to refill your hand with 3 new threats and/or answers, or use it aggressively to virtually deal 3 damage to your opponent! Cards like Thoughtstopper even allow you to decide whether or not to draw a card during your Draw-Step, saving you the 1 or 2 cards in your Spellbook that may decide between success or failure!

So we have seen that card-draw in Elemental Clash is a very ambivalent thing. On the one hand it is useful to find new answers and threats and on the other hand it may, when used excessively and carelessly, harm yourself and lead you not to victory, but to defeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy - Harnessing the Power of Dragons:

The following deck takes full advantage of the coolest Creature-type around: Dragons! It combines the sheer might of Dragon-Creatures with the power of Reanimation. Nifty special Element-Stones give the deck additional force. With cards like Stonelore and Stone Shaman, you can search your Spellbook for powerful Element-Stones like Dragonstone or Rainbowstone, which allows you to play your Dragons on turn 2. It is especially funny to block a Creature with Stone Shaman, which dies so that its Destroy-Effect triggers, allowing you to fetch a Dragonstone on which you may then play a Dragon, giving it both a +1/+1 counter and "Quickattacker". And that already on turn 2.
The side-theme of this deck is reanimation: This is especially useful regarding your unique "Dragon-legends". They naturally land in your Discard-Pile sooner or later, from where you can bring them back with Necromancy and Reanimate. If they end up in your hand however, you may still discard them to Burning Thougts and then reanimate them. Another way to play your "off-colour" Dragons (Ascarius and Finborg), is through Rainbowstone, which produces Energy of every element.
What is more, the deck has a decent Element-Stone base. Besides Dragonstone and Rainbowstone, Stone of Wisdom is a must have one-of. Through DPT, you are sure to get it into play sooner or later and it gives you 2 free cards if you decide to destroy it. Your Magmastones produce both Fire and Earth Energy. Powerstone strengthens your Creatures in general and Hastestone ensures that your Creatures dish out their damage as soon as they enter play! Here comes the decklist:

Dragons.dec:

Creatures(12):

3 x Stone Shaman (E/OW)
3 x Skeletal Dragon (E/OW)
3 x Fire Dragon (F/SF)
1 x Bargost Thundertail (E/UN)
1 x Ascarius, Lord of Storms (A/UN)
1 x Grimlock the Cruel (F/UN)
1 x Finborg, Sire of the Seven Seas (W/UN)

Spells(13):

3 x Stonelore (E/SF)
2 x Burning Thoughts (F/UW)
3 x Necromancy (E/OW)
2 x Reanimate (E/BY)

Element-Stones(15):

1 x Dragonstone (N/UN)
1 x Rainbowstone (N/UN)
1 x Stone of Wisdom (N/UN)
1 x Powerstone (N/BS)
2 x Hastestone (N/BS)
3 x Magmastone (N/UN)
4 x Venus-Stone (N/BS)
2 x Mars-Stone (N/BS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy: Burning Waters - a take on an (almost) creatureless deck:

With this build I attempted to build a viable, almost creatureless burn-deck. Burn Spells are Spells that deal direct damage either to the opponent or to his or her Creatures. Burn decks contain loads of this kind of Spells. The decklist you can see below contains 12 burn Spells. If you add up the damage all these Spells could potentially deal (I took the minimal amount of 3 damage for Scattershot) you get a total of 43 damage. So, theoretically, you should have enough burn to dismantle a deck of 35 cards (40 cards minus the cards your opponent draws at the beginning of the game). In order to save your burn Spells for your opponent, you have Flood to deal with his or her Creatures and destroy whole armies. If you manage to get a copy of Spirit of Mars out, your opponent’s fate is as good as sealed. Your humble Fiery Arrow deals not 2 but 4, and your mighty Mars Rage deals a massive 20 damage instead of 10. To ensure that you do not run out of cards, I added Wave of Wisdom and Stone of Wisdom to the mix. What is more, with Summon the Legend you can fetch one of your unique powerhorses: Grimlock, Mars Rage or Dragonstone. The lonely Creatures in the deck are there to ensure that the last bits of damage get through. Use Grimlock the Cruel on Dragonstone to deal massive amounts of damage fast and deadly. Phoenix keeps coming back over and over again, thus acting either as a reliable blocker or steady source of damage. The Steamstones, which produce both Fire and Water Energy give you a decent Element-Stone base.

Burning Waters.dec:

Creatures (2):

1 x Phoenix (F/BY)
1 x Grimlock the Cruel (F/UN)

Spells (23):

3 x Fiery Arrow (F/BS)
3 x Flaring Flames (F/BS)
3 x Purging Flames (F/BY)
2 x Scattershot (F/SF)
3 x Spirit of Mars (F/BS)
1 x Wrath of Mars (F/UN)
3 x Wave of Wisdom (W/BS)
2 x Summon the Legend (W/UN)
3 x Flood (W/BS)

Element-Stones (15):

1 x Dragonstone (N/UN)
3 x Steamstone (N/UN)
8 x Mars-Stone (N/BS)
2 x Mercury-Stone (N/BS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy: Murky Waters - another take on a (nearly) creatureless deck:

Here is another take on an almost creatureless deck. Bloody Tribute, Darkwood Judgement (which both have DPT, thus ensuring that they always will do their job), Flood and Tsunami help to keep your opponent’s Creatures at bay. In order to outlive your opponent, you have lots of restocking-cards (Earth Ritual and Venus Wurm). In contrast to the "Burning Waters" deck from my previous article, this deck is a very passive one: Basically, your strategy is to simply sit back and wait for you opponent to draw a card each turn and to summon Creatures, which you then annihilate with your Spells, while refilling your own Spellbook. Similar to the "Stronghold-deck" you may already know from an earlier article, you may go into a virtually infinite card loop by combining Venus Wurm and Excavate/Necromancy. And having to sacrifice your own Wurm by casting a Bloody Tribute or Flood may not be a bad thing after all, as it allows you to return a minimum of 4 cards from your Discard-Pile to your Spellbook.
Powerstone makes your Worm even bigger (gaining you an additional card when it dies) and Islandstones give you a reliable Element-Stone base.

Murky Waters.dec:

Creatures(3):

3 x Venus Wurm (E/BS)

Spells (22):

3 x Bloody Tribute (E/UW)
3 x Earth Ritual (E/BS)
3 x Darkwood Judgement (E/UN)
3 x Excavate (E/BS)
3 x Forbid (W/UW)
3 x Necromancy (E/BS)
3 x Flood (W/BS)
1 x Tsunami (W/UW)

Element-Stones (15):

2 x Powerstone
3 x Islandstone (N/BY)
6 x Venus-Stone (N/BS)
3 x Mercury-Stone (N/BS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy - Stonelocked:

This deck is all about one thing: Element-Stone control. Mercury Shatterer, Sea Dragon, Shatterkick and Shattering Wave let you either send an ES back to your opponents hand, to his or her Discard-Pile or to the top of his or her Spellbook. Merman Meddler and Mercury's Vice give your opponent the choice between having to destroy one of their ES or having their Spells countered. What a tough choice indeed. So simply keep your opponent's ES count down while pounding him or her with your Creatures. Being a mono-colour deck you do not need that many coloured ES, so this deck packs an assorted collection of "utility" ES. The deck has Demonic Stones, which allows you to drop a Sea Dragon or a Mercury Shatterer as soon as turn two. Powerstone strengthens your Creatures and Hastestone turns them into "Quickattackers".

Stonelocked.dec:

Creatures (9):

3 x Merman Meddler (TR)

3 x Mercury Shatterer (BS)

3 x Sea Dragon (SF)

Spells (15):

3 x Shatterkick (UW)

3 x Forbid (UW)

3 x Shattering Wave (BS)

3 x Wave of Wisdom (BS)

3 x Mercury's Vice (SF)

Element Stones (16):

3 x Demonic Stone (UW)

2 x Powerstone (BS)

2 x Hastestone (BS)

9 x Mercury-Stone (BS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage.dec:

The aim of the deck listed below is simple: deal out massive amounts of damage. The core piece of the deck that allows you to do so is Spirit of Mars: This Permanent-Spell doubles all damage dealt by you and your opponent(s). With this P-Spell in play, your Archdemons and Will-o’-the-Wisps deal an impressive 12 damage to your opponent, Mars’ Rage increase damage dealt by 6, Flaring Flames also deals 6 instead of 3 damage and so forth. Use Lightning Strike and Flaring Flames to get pesky blockers out of the way in order to ensure that your attackers get through.
Demonic Stones allow you to drop such impressive threats like Archdemon or Will-o’-the-Wisp as soon as turn 2. If your opponent did not wisely place a blocker in his or her DEF-Zone, you might get a full six damage through on turn 2 using Will-o’-the-Wisp.

Carnage.dec:

Creatures (12):

3 x Spark Spirit (F)
3 x Goblin Fanatic (F)
3 x Will-o’-the-Wisp (A)
3 x Archdemon (F)

Spells (12):

3 x Mars’ Rage (F)
3 x Flaring Flames (F)
3 x Lightning Strike (A)
3 x Spirit of Mars (F)

Element-Stones (16):

1 x Hastestone
1 x Powerstone
3 x Demonic Stone
6 x Mars-Stone
5 x Jupiter-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elemental Clash Strategy – Another Brick in the Wall:

This deck employs a rather primitive strategy. Simply hide behind your Walls and wait for your opponent to run out of cards. Build as many Walls and summon as many defenders as soon as possible. Restless Corpse is especially useful, as it returns to play again and again. Use Excavate and Necromancy to bring back destroyed defenders. I splashed a little Water for card draw, to prevent running out of cards in hand. As if they were not sturdy enough already, you can additionally increase the DEF of all your Creatures with Stonehide Spell.

Another Brick in the Wall.dec.:

Creatures (14):

3 x Restless Corpse
2 x Briar Wall
3 x Flowering Wall
3 x Earth Wall
3 x Geomancer

Spells (11):

3 x Excavate
3 x Wave of Wisdom
3 x Necromancy
2 x Stonehide Spell

Element Stones (15):

3 x Powerstone
3 x Islandstone
3 x Mercury-Stone
6 x Venus-Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.