Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Quick question,
What happens on New caprica if you are a cylon leader but you are friendly i.e. your agenda is the humans win.
Can you take human actions or do you have to take the often damaging cylon actions?

This came up in our first game of the expansion and we could not find any clarification in the rules. Help appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on whether you were infiltrating when New Caprica was reached. If so you are still infiltrating and must use the human actions while you remain an infiltrator.

If not then you must use the Cylon actions. There will be no option to infiltrate until Galactica returns, because you can't go to the human fleet until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are infiltrating you must use the human actions. If you are not infiltrating you have to use the Cylon actions. If you want to be friendly make sure you are infiltrating before the fleet reaches New Caprica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always use the action on the far right to "scout" the stack of ships. You just put the ones the humans can afford to lose on the bottom, and keep the important ones on top for them to save.

Of course, good luck getting them to believe your motives, as always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is an unrevealed, yet known cylon, among the humans, you can draw crises and then pick that player with the "current player chooses a human to send to..." effect, which is VERY common on New Caprica crises.

Of course, the fact that this text is so common means that the humans probably already beat up on the known cylon before you get a chance, so there's nothing else you can do.

I got sent to the brig as a cylon just before New Caprica and figured I would wait it out and get out for free when we landed. It didn't work, since the humans basically got a bunch of free crises where they could choose me as the "human" player to suffer some kind of consequence. I ended up having to reveal from Detention anyway after the humans had gotten several "harmless" crises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the help .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.