Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Gasoline or any explosives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gian Holland

Florida
msg tools
mbmb
Can a hero throw gasoline or any explosive or is it placed in a space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From Universalhead's Rules summary...

"Explosives (Dynamite and Gasoline)
Dynamite is an effective ranged weapon but needs
something to light it.

Gasoline may be used to place a Gas Marker on the
board; this can be ignited as a Ranged attack using
a Ranged weapon (roll to hit as though it was a
Zombie) or by discarding any item with the keyword
Fire at it using Range 2, hit +3.

Any Zombies or Heroes in the same space are
immediately Killed, and any in adjacent spaces
Killed on 3+. Remove the marker from the board"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you place the gasoline in the space you're in or adjacent to (discard the card and place a gas marker), but then you can fire at it or throw a fire item at it from up to 2 spaces away to ignite it.

After playing about a dozen games of LNOE, this effect was first used in the last game I played, and boy, is it powerful (I was the zombies, so I suffered great casualties for that!). I will definitely look for more opportunities to use that in future games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Korson
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Never trust the brute-force power of a computer network to do the job of a combinatorialist.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
After playing about a dozen games of LNOE, this effect was first used in the last game I played, and boy, is it powerful (I was the zombies, so I suffered great casualties for that!). I will definitely look for more opportunities to use that in future games.

I was one of the human players. It wasn't like we really planned for it or anything like that. I had the gasoline, and didn't really have a use for at at the time. So I dropped it. Later, there were a ton of zombies all around it, and Tim, the other human player realized we could wipe out a bunch of them by shooting that gas. We ended up winning (or was it a tie! ) mostly because of that! If we had actually done some strategizing, we might have done even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
AGKorson wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

I was one of the human players. It wasn't like we really planned for it or anything like that. I had the gasoline, and didn't really have a use for at at the time. So I dropped it. Later, there were a ton of zombies all around it, and Tim, the other human player realized we could wipe out a bunch of them by shooting that gas. We ended up winning (or was it a tie! ) mostly because of that! If we had actually done some strategizing, we might have done even better!

You won per the way we played it, but that turned out to be wrong (I would have won once the 4th Hero was killed, even in the Zombie Apocalypse scenario). But I preferred our ending which was much more dramatic, so yeah, I'll call it a draw. But man, shooting that gas can was huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jf Roustan
France
St Paul des fonts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with the new card "catch", you can see a hero throwing a gasoline can at another hero who can then place it where he stands and move (run away). A thrid hero could then ignite it with his ranged weapon.

Quite a sport combo no ?

I will definitly try to do it. And please if you can do it, let us know.

Run hero run

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.