Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the Long Road to Reno PDF and am really enjoying myself. However, when in town, can I play Poker as many times as I want or just once? (Yes, the title was just a poker pun.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit. I often play one game and then re-up for another (sometimes regretting it!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another poker question. If I roll a Four of a Kind, and then roll a 6 for the game's hand, do we automatically tie, or is the listed hand the one to beat? I play against the actual listed hands.

Version 1.3 of the play sheet lists Four of a Kind as 33336, but in the rules it's 44446. The latter would make winning at poker a bit tougher.

If you rolled two dice for the game's hand, a roll of snake eyes (double 1's) could result in you being caught cheating and losing the current bet and not being allowed to play any more poker in the current town. A roll of boxcars (double 6's) could result in you being accused of cheating, with the same results, but at least you can be proud of your innocence.

The rules call for the game to stop when entering a town, and not resolving any more dice until the town is resolved. I don't like this rule, as it means you must get another set of dice to play poker, or write down your current results so you can resolve them later. Thematically it makes sense as is, because it's fun to be attacked in town, so it's not all bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.