Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any point to military in the simple game? We've begun playing by reading through the rules during the first couple of rounds. Some people have taken military-related things, but they appear to have no use in the simple game...

Are we missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I get for breaking my policy of always reading the rules before a game. They count for scoring at the end. If anybody has any other reasons for getting military, though, I'd be happy to hear it.

No rules online...argh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no point to the simple game, really, except as a tutorial to learn the mechanisms that enable you to play the real thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should not even bother scoring the simple game. I always suggest that players not even play it to completion. The "winner" will be virtually random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. We discovered at the end that there wasn't much point to the simple game. We are, however, looking forward to a full game of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Stevens
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The advanced game is worth playing also. It is lacking the richness and a bit of the balance of the full game (you don't have enough time to make the age II techs really worth their cost). But the advanced game is a great intro to the game or just a shorter alternative to the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.