3 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Power of the Baker -- My First 50 Point Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul szkibik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting report. Thanks for sharing it.

I think it might be more worthwhile to just plow/take grain 3 times before the first harvest as that sets you up for lots of points with vegetables/grain and gives you food. This is probably better than taking resources early since there is no competition on them and you can just wait for them to pile up even more. (It really depends on if you're planing to use an action field just once or twice in the game.) With reed a good number is 6, since it allows you to build two more rooms and renovate twice and all you need is one action.

I always let the wood accumulate to at least 10 or so I can build a room and TWO stables since that allows me to actually breed sheep. (2 stables and one space in the house.) Remember that you can't breed animals if you don't have space for them. You may not slaughter newborns animals or their parents. (You need three spaces.) It's more efficient than building fences since you do it with you build-room action and don't have to waste another action on building fences.

I'm not the biggest fan of taking one vegetable and then sowing just that. Rather I'd wait for an opportunity where I also get to sow grain as well plus baking a bread with the clay oven for 5 food. If you just take a veggi and sow it, that's like 2 points for two actions which isn't that exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
In solo games I always try to build two rooms with my first build, even if it delays it by a round. It's nice to save the action used to build a second time. Another place to save an action is to try to only build fences once. Also, if you have good early Occs, it's usually worthwhile to get them out in Stage 1: most often my stage 1 consists of a lot of Occs and Day Labor. Anything that gets more wood is especially valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you eat grain for the Stage 1 harvest? Family members need 3 food each and you're supposed to start at 0 in the solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.