6 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jeb vs LNOE card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pure

North Carolina
msg tools
My brother and I got into an argument over Jeb vs This could be our last night on earth...

I understand Jeb cancels any Zombie card, but here is the situation.

At the beginning of the hero turn, I play the LNoE card. So that means he had two characters to take turns with. The first character (Johnny) did a search and pulled Jeb, The Greast Monkey. He immediately tried to use it on the already in effect LNoe card.

Here is the debate, I said that he couldn't do that because the LNoE card had already been played, and is in the discard pile. it's old news, there isn't a "remains in play" tab on it, aka I didn't just play it, it predates his Jeb situation.

He contests "ANY" zombie card, and since LNoE is still in effect, he can cancel it.

I understand this point of view, for example if I laid the LNoE card and then he immediately played the Jeb card, then it would cancel it out(since he had the card already). =

So the question is can one play LNoE and then later that turn have it cancelled, not cancelled immediately (how Jeb would normally be played).

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Olp

Manitowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the answer is that you can't. That's how I would play, anyway.

But it'd be really funny thematically. Jeb walks in, 'Break it up! Break it up!" And everyone else is like "We didn't mean to! We'll stop!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the thing is the LNOE card already resolved...it doesn't exist anymore...theres nothing to cancel. The effect stays independent of what happened. If this works what stops people from cancelling cards in like 3-4 turns after they are played (other than it makes no sense) once a card is resolved it has its effect put on. If it was remains in play i would judge otherwise but u know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only cards you can cancel after they have been played (and resolved) are Remains in Play cards.

So Jeb would be unable to cancel the LNOE card as you had already played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pure

North Carolina
msg tools
thanks for quick responses. I thought pretty much so exactly the same thing, however when we were discussing it I wasn't able to verbally explain it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol... Perhaps this will convince him next time: Play a cancel any Hero Event Card, on a "Just a Scratch..." the round after he played just a scratch and you just drew the cancel card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.