Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. So during the new Caprica phase, if you evacuate to Galactica on a civlian ship, do you then draw just from the New Caprica crisis cards, or would you use the regular crisis cards?

2. If you execute a revealed cylon on New Caprica, before Galactica has arrived, they go to the medical center, but do they lose any cards from their hands?

3. If a person is in Detention, is it treated just like the brig, and that player does not get a crisis?

We just ran through our first session with New Caprica, and the humans went form a very strong lead with all resources in the blue, to being wiped out in just a few turns. It seems like the new board makes it very hard for the humans to win, unless they have 3 players constantly evacuation ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You draw from the New Caprica crisis deck. The regular deck is put away for the rest of the game. (New Caprica Setup, Step 6)

2. The New Caprica phase diverts all players destined for the resurrection ship to the medical center, but it doesn't change any of the other execution rules, so cards are still discarded.

3. The rules for this situation are written on the boards. The Brig location specifically says that you do not draw a crisis card. Detention does not say this, so you would draw a crisis card as normal.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. The humans have to have to have to pump those civies into space.

The biggest mistake we made was when an Occupation Force came up on NC Crisis, we would move them AND add one. Ooops. Only move what's there, if none, add one. (Akin to Raiders & Heavies: move them, or launch them). That made for a non-stop "Train" of OF's marching into the shipyard, and then destroying ships. Perhaps that was part of your difficulty?

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. Our biggest problem is that the Cylon players revealed themselves just as we landed there. With a couple of quick crisis cards, and a well timed execution, the humans were thrown into confusion.

Plus, I had thought that there would be more time to prepare ships, but every crisis card had a jump marker, so Galactica was back with just 5 cards pulled, so we had very few ships ready.

What really stinks is that no one had gone up to Galactica to try and fend off the Cylons, and the ships we had launched had enough population on it to kill us off. If we had just jumped with what we had, which was maybe 5 ships, and left a the huge stack behind (no ships had been destroyed to that point) the Humans would have won the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship rescuing situation is an interesting dynamic. In our second Pegasus game, we did a risky jump early in the game and lost 3 population. In hindsight, if we'd fought it out, we may have had the same net loss of population from ship losses, but had less ships that needed saving in the New Caprica phase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Thompson
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Yep, I had this happen much to my chagrin playing Cavil - I'd done a real number on the human civilian fleet - but they'd lost next to nothing from anything else.

When NC hit, there were (count em) 5 civilian ships left to prep and evac. The phase didn't last long enough for me to actually do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echo2112 wrote:

What really stinks is that no one had gone up to Galactica to try and fend off the Cylons, and the ships we had launched had enough population on it to kill us off. If we had just jumped with what we had, which was maybe 5 ships, and left a the huge stack behind (no ships had been destroyed to that point) the Humans would have won the game.

Any ships left behind are destroyed. Jumping early is very bad for the humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In effect every population loss before New Caprica other than via ship loss is an empty ship you MUST get off of NC before you get to the final ones! You actually want to protect the pop 0 garbage scows now.

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe rules should be changed that each civ ship holds at least 1 resource - to be defined if that should be always population or smth else too....

Though it might be a bit lame to loose to morale / fuel in the NC phase.

(Havnt got the expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question... if a character is left behind after Galactica takes off, he/she is executed, I couldn't find anywhere in the rules, Do you lose (1) population resource pt for doing so? I think not but you lose resources with lost ships, do you lose anything with lost characters On NC? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You lose a morale each time a human is executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is that written?
Edit: OK, I see it on page 12 under EXECUTION...

A. Lose 1 morale...

Got it! (Thanks!)... pretty harsh on the Humans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian V.
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
In effect every population loss before New Caprica other than via ship loss is an empty ship you MUST get off of NC before you get to the final ones! You actually want to protect the pop 0 garbage scows now.

It also makes sense the other way round: Every ship loss BEFORE New Caprica is one ship less to evacuate AFTER New Caprica.

Acenoid wrote:
(Havnt got the expansion)

You might be better off that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.