Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the FAQ and the many threads in this forum, I was able to figure out the rules to this strange and wonderful game. I think. Only one thing confuses me:

The example on page 10 (3rd edition rules) reads as follows:

"Vince chose the Urbanization action and replaces the town of Indianapolis with the New City A tile. John's Unfinished Track Section out of Indianapolis is eliminated and his Track Ownership Locomotive is removed..."

Where are the rules for track elimination? I see the rules for track becoming Unowned, but I can't find anything in the rules to explain why that unfinished segment of track would be eliminated when the city drops down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
In that example, the unfinished stub only exists on the town tile itself. In that case, when the town tile is replaced with the city tile there is no longer any vestige of that track stub in existence.

The FAQ just clarifies that the player who built the stub does not have any claim to the side of the city simply because the stub was built.

If that player had built an additional track tile out of the town (but still left it incomplete) and then someone urbanized it, ownership of the track tile would not change or go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Boarass wrote:
Thanks to the FAQ and the many threads in this forum, I was able to figure out the rules to this strange and wonderful game. I think.

Welcome to a very interesting part of the world, Boris. AoS is one of the finest games ever created, even if it is most unforgiving of player error. I hope you enjoy the experience as you discover the many layers of this fine title!
Unforgiving is right...like, if you don't take out enough shares you might not make it to turn 2. Yikes! modest (embassing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.