Subject: Storage Solutions? Anybody? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Garland
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, I've got the game and both expansions and am looking for a practical solution for storing the game together and still have it easy to transport. I've found a small Plano brand container that holds everything from the main game except the board, minion charts, and card decks. Unfortunatly, it's too large to fit back in the game box and too small to hold the stuff from the expansions. A second container would hold the expansion stuff, but that would still leave me hauling around 3 boxes of stuff. Any suggestions? What do you guys use? Should I go with smaller containers for each thing so that they might fit inside the game box? Would that even work? Also, I'd love to see pics of any creative solutions you guys have came up with. I've looked thru the gallery, but haven't found much except the card box templates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lots of ziplock baggies - 9 2"x3",7 3"x3", and 6 3'x5". plus a couple of draw bags for the Hero minis and the Villain counters. I have all of the Vampire Minions in one bag, and the Locust Swarms and miscellaneous Minions from the main game together in another. Otherwise, each type of Minion counter gets its own bag. Most counter types get their own bag. I rubberband the cards, although I'll probably try to make tuckboxes once I get a decent printer.

All together, I can fit everything in print so far (I don't have either of the net only expansions yet, but they don't add much space) in the base game box once I remove the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game, both expansions, and both web supplements stored in the original box (I had to remove that space wasting insert, of course.) All the decks of cards are (mostly) in their own Ultra Pro card storage boxes and all of the counters and figures are organized in a Plano box. The game box lid doesn't *quite* slide down the whole way, but it's really close.

At some point, I plan to swap out the larger Plano box for two smaller ones. This will allow me to keep the Minion Counters better separated and also enable the lid to close the whole way. I'll post some pics when I get these other boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a pic of my storage solution posted in the gallery now. I ended up using three smaller boxes instead of two. Unfortunately, the lid still doesn't close any more than it did before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just took out the insert, used several "snack-sized" Zip-Locs to sort the counters, and used the original bags for the dice and figures. When the two boards are stacked on top of each other in one corner of a box, the space between the edge of the box and the edge of the boards makes a nice area to hold the cards on their long edge in two stacks. Everything released to date (I don't have the web-only cards, but I know they'd fit) fits very well and as long as the box is flat nothing shifts around that much....the extra bits of plastic from the baggies provide a little packing material. If you're looking to store the game vertically on its edge like a book, you'll need a more elaborate solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.