Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was asked to pay for my 2008-09-17 order on 2009-09-18, so at the moment the backlog is a year almost to the day.

(you might also be interested to know my second order placed half a year later was processed together with the old one... so if you have an order that's about due, it's quite possible any additional games you decide to order now will have a pretty short waiting time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Interestingly, I have been trending my order placed 31 March 2009. The current linear extrapolation of when I will get it...30 March 2010. Or exactly 1 year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps DTG should amend their comment on the accounts page;

Currently there is about a 3-4 month backlog of orders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Perhaps DTG should amend their comment on the accounts page;

Currently there is about a 3-4 month backlog of orders

It's been like that for quite some time, from what I gather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month ago, the time was listed at 2-3 months... it changed to 3-4 months waiting time fairly recently.

I thought they had upped their production rate... so I assumed the lead time would be less than a year for orders placed more recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by Richard, I've started dipping into my account to check on progress in the queue. Assuming that those numbers are kept faithfully up to date and aren't crunched once a month or whenever, it averages that they are turning out one place in the queue almost every day (.92 orders per day). Although that may consist of more than one game.

Just as a snapshot in time for anyone else out there with orders pending, I placed an order on 17th May 2009 and this was order number 2500. As of today's date, this order is 221 in the queue. Extrapolate that forward and I should be getting that order on 3rd May 2010. Like Richard, almost a year after order.

However it is clear that production is rolled out in fits and starts. In the last fortnight there has been no change at all. If there is any dramatic change I'll add a comment here.

As a foot note however, I wouldn't want this is come across as criticism. Unlike the ongoing JKLM fiasco where paid pre-orders were taken for Ascendency as far back as Feb 2008 and the game still isn't printed, Deepthought have taken no money upfront and refrained from offering repeatedly failed promises for release dates. Their 3-4 month advice should perhaps be amended unless they are planning a big push, but apart from that no grumbles here.

Edit: Corrected dates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, the backlog is more than a year. at this moment the status of my order is: "Orders 2335/2422, in production, scheduled to ship on Oct 3, 2009"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
ok, the backlog is more than a year. at this moment the status of my order is: "Orders 2335/2422, in production, scheduled to ship on Oct 3, 2009"

Does that mean if you have a couple of orders placed some time apart, that they are processed together?

As a matter of interest, when did you place the order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's all in the original post in the thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies you are quite right. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in case anyone's following the outcome the shipment of the 2008-09-17 order was 2009-10-17, so the backlog's actually 13 months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
in case anyone's following the outcome the shipment of the 2008-09-17 order was 2009-10-17, so the backlog's actually 13 months

Yeah, their estimate on the website is way off...

I placed an order on September 6th when the website said the backlog was 2-3 months. At that time, I was behind 347 orders. Now, about two months later, I'm behind 305 orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you people in the states will have to wait a little less for shipping at least.. my order came in today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, I placed an order on 10/12/09 (my birthday present to myself) and there were 403 in the queue ahead of me. As of now, there are 357 ahead of me 16 days later. So, that's 46 off in 16 days, or almost 3/day. At that rate, it would only be 140 days, or less than 5 months to get processed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a recent change in their production cycle. Golden Spike Games is now producing some of the DeepThoughtGames (including mine that shipped last week). They are doing this to clear out the massive backlog and this should significantly decrease the wait times (it may still take a year though because of the volume of orders).

We should keep checking to see if the delivery times increase over the next month or two as Golden Spike ramps up.

Edit: I went from 50-something to getting a payment notice in the course of a couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
Interestingly, I placed an order on 10/12/09 (my birthday present to myself) and there were 403 in the queue ahead of me. As of now, there are 357 ahead of me 16 days later. So, that's 46 off in 16 days, or almost 3/day. At that rate, it would only be 140 days, or less than 5 months to get processed.

???? I really wish I understood how this system works. You report that from 12th October to 28th October your order moved from 403 to 357 (46 places in 16 days).

I have 3 orders pending. On the 2nd October they were 250, 221 and 217 in the queue. Today 28th October 2009 they are 210, 181, 178 only 40 places better off after 26 days.

How can your order be 6 places better off than mine after 10 days less in the queue?

Just to make matters worse I met a chap at Essen who had a stack of Deep Thought games. He was dropping them off for somebody and I was told that if I'd have told them I was at Essen my order would have been accellerated.

Dare I think that some orders are Fast-Tracked to the head of the queue, or some customers are left to slide? I don't mind a queue, however I do want my order to be treated equally with everyone elses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere that they update their site and the stats only once a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They must update more often than that. I was 357 a few days ago, now I'm 354.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:

???? I really wish I understood how this system works. You report that from 12th October to 28th October your order moved from 403 to 357 (46 places in 16 days).

I have 3 orders pending. On the 2nd October they were 250, 221 and 217 in the queue. Today 28th October 2009 they are 210, 181, 178 only 40 places better off after 26 days.

How can your order be 6 places better off than mine after 10 days less in the queue?

Just to make matters worse I met a chap at Essen who had a stack of Deep Thought games. He was dropping them off for somebody and I was told that if I'd have told them I was at Essen my order would have been accellerated.

Dare I think that some orders are Fast-Tracked to the head of the queue, or some customers are left to slide? I don't mind a queue, however I do want my order to be treated equally with everyone elses.

I ordered my games pretty much the same time as my friend ordered his. I got my games after waiting 13 months. He got his after waiting ~4 months, because he took the trip to Essen. Yeah, it doesn't feel exactly fair. However, that seems to be how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
maaikefest wrote:
I read somewhere that they update their site and the stats only once a month.

I had noted that trend as I am tracking my current order. But lately (the last three weeks at least), there have been weekly updates and significant drops in the amount of games ahead of me.

Now to see if this is sustained, or just the Essen orders being removed from the queue. Or some combination thereof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
They must update more often than that. I was 357 a few days ago, now I'm 354.

354 on the 30th, 342 on the 5th, so its slowed to 2/day (obviously the pace could change). At that rate, I'm still about 6 months out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found my order suddenly going from 60 to done a couple of weeks ago (just after Essen) but delayed it with some very-last-minute changes I hadn't gotten around to making. John was incredibly accomodating, amazing service as noted elsewhere. I think that made it about 11 months for me, quite a lot before the acceleration.

So, here's the stack that turned up today.

So, a big thanks to the folks at Deep Thought and Golden Spike (which is where my order was made up)

now, time to put another entry into the queue!

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice stack. I hope you have a group with whom to play all of them!

My order is stalled at 337, at least as of yesterday. Only moved up 5 places in over a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worth noting that the queue update is much too erattic to draw conclusions at sub month scales. Once you take a step back, its glacial majesty, pushing millions of tons of ice/18xx games becomes visible.

edit. fixed stupid autocorrect.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.