10 Posts

Airborne in my Pocket» Forums » Rules

Subject: event card draw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steven smith
msg tools
mb
Do I need to resolve an event if i re-enter a previously entered tile. And do I need to resolve another event if I find, say the KAR 98 rifle ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, no and no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steven!

Welcome to the Airborne!

For your query, Martin is half right. You DON'T need to resolve an extra Event when you find a specific Item, but you DO need to resolve an Event when re-entering a previously placed tile.

For re-entering a location, here's what the rulebook says ("Outside Turn Sequence"):

"Step 5 - Draw an Event Card (even if you have already visited this location)"

For the Items, let me explain how it works:

There are 3 kinds of Events that let you draw Items. First, you have the "You find an Item" Events. Those are optional: if you want to pick up the Item, you need to draw (not resolve, just draw) another card to see which Item it is.

Then, you have the enemies that have "Ammo Pouches" printed next to them. When they die, you have the option to draw for an Item. Again, you simply draw another card to see what Item you have found (if you choose to pick it up).

And then, you have the Events that are more specific: "You find a Kar98k Rifle" and "You recover a Grenade". In these cases, no need to draw for an Item, it is already determined.

I hope this covers it. Don't hesitate to post/PM me if you have other questions.

Cheers!

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duuuh, I meant to type 'yes' for the re-entering but apparently was to tired to spell it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Duuuh, I meant to type 'yes' for the re-entering but apparently was to tired to spell it correctly.

Don't sweat it. Fighting the Nazis is exhausting. You just need to Rest for +3 Health.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smith
msg tools
mb
Great, thank u for clearing it up. Just another quick one. After moving onto, say the opel blitz truck and resolving the event, I then choose to draw for an item, do i resolve the event on this draw also or just take the item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules as you just take the item. The "down" side of this is you LOSE one EVENT card, which subtracts your "time" you have left in that "hour". The positive side... you get a better weapon than just your .45!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically you do not LOSE the card, it just spends some time. The item/event card stays in the deck (discarded as per the normal rules of resolving an event).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said, Martin. You are absolutely right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Technically you do not LOSE the card, it just spends some time. The item/event card stays in the deck (discarded as per the normal rules of resolving an event).

Yeah... that is what I meant, but the word "lose" was a bad choice...blush Good thing I didn't write the rules!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.