Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a chance to play the Pegasus expansion with Randy, Josh and Rich last night. I'd prefer to play with six, but getting six at one time has been challenging of late - well, for boardgame sessions and not RPG sessions, that is!

Josh chose Tom Zarek; Rich chose Saul Tigh; I chose Brother Cavil, the Cylon Leader and anti-priest, and Randy chose Boomer.

My agenda was to have the humans win with all their dials at 3 or less. Hmm. Tricky.

It is very tricky when you're unsure of how difficult the New Caprica phase will be, but anyway, I soldiered on and offered blessings upon the fleet. Randy was very suspicious when I appeared on Galactica but I smiled at him and wandered on past.

Meanwhile, trouble was brewing: due to the current crisis the Admiral (Tigh) had to make a decision: either the current player (Tigh) could be executed, or the Admiral (Tigh) would have to discard 2 cards and the current player (Tigh) a further 3 cards. Randy had a bright idea: if Tigh executed himself, he'd prove he wasn't a Cylon! There's a sort of logic to that, I suppose. So, Boomer slipped Tigh a bottle, and pointed in the direction of the airlock... with Tigh out of the way, Helena Cain stepped into his shoes. Oh, goody!

Shortly thereafter, I was thrown in the brig. Hmm. They didn't appreciate the Word of God, obviously. Boomer didn't quite believe it when she saw me strolling towards the FTL drives. I'd just popped back to the Cylon Resurrection Ship for a while...

Come the Sleeper Phase, and Randy (Boomer) became a Cylon. Well, we didn't know it then, but it didn't take all that long for us to find out. At this point, I realised a great thing about the Cylon Leader: in the standard game of Galactica, the humans are the only ones worrying about the loyalty of the other players. Now, the Cylons have someone to worry about as well. Indeed, everyone is suspicious of the Cylon Leader!

The rest of the game saw a steady decrease in the resource levels, and then New Caprica arrived. Josh completely managed to miss the importance of readying the ships for launch, and tried a pointless Presidential Quorum action - and ended up in Detention for the rest of the game. All the dials were now in a position that would see me win the game, but so many civilian ships still needed to be prepped - and with Zarek out of the game, the humans didn't have a chance. We were out of skill cards, and Randy quickly showed us how the Cylons could erode fuel, especially with the aid of treachery cards.

Boy, the New Caprica phase is difficult!

Randy has now been a Cylon in every game he's played.

Pegasus adds a lot of interest (and difficulty) to Galactica. It'll be very interesting to play it again with six players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You ran out of fuel on New Caprica? Wow. Fuel has not been an issue at all in any of the Pegasus games I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beck
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Felix alearum famis! Et posse impares sumus erimus en tui semper favoris.
badge
Proprietor of The Bored Gaymer, BGG's most popular blog with the words "Bored" and "Gaymer" in the title!
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
You ran out of fuel on New Caprica? Wow. Fuel has not been an issue at all in any of the Pegasus games I've played.

Ditto to this; how did he run you out of fuel? It's been my experience that fuel is hard to reliably hammer on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like the Cylon was using "Human Weakness" to reduce fuel but that only works on the highest resource. Since there are only 2 New
Caprcia crises that target fuel I too am curious how he did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly - I think we just had an astonishing run of anti-fuel Crisis cards. All dials were really low, but the fuel just ran out!

Cheers,
Merric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.