Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am halfway through my first game and have a few questions:

1) Can incapacitated soldiers make perception checks?
2) When activating new Germans during an action round, are they allowed to act in that round?
3) What are you supposed to do with incapacitated Germans?

Cheers,
vanAdamme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No
2. Depends on the action die rolls and the paragraph info. New appearances make action die rolls if the paragraph does not say when the act.
3. Depends on the scenario and what you need to do to get VPs. If they are VP-neutral, do not waste time on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Cool, didn't think so.

2) Here is an example: I've had all of my two-turns and am up to the one-turns. A new German is activated they wind up in the two-turn spot. Do they immediately get to take their actions because they are above everybody else?

3) So I assume that if you have an incapacitated German you can just walk up and point-blank them in the head?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanadamme wrote:
So I assume that if you have an incapacitated German you can just walk up and point-blank them in the head?

Why should you? I am not even sure whether it is possible to target an incap soldier, must look up the rules. Anyway, it's against Geneva conventions, and do your grunts have nothing else to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't deliberately fire at an incap soldier. I don't remember any scenario that makes a difference in VP between incap and KIA, but maybe I forget some?

When distributing points after the mission you are supposed to reward soldiers that have for instance incapacitated germans. I always keep track on the back of the squad sheet what happens during each mission (ie "C IF 12", "H KA 51", "A KIA" ( ) etc). It is good for knowing whom deserves the most points after the mission. Also it makes for fun reading later since looking at those notes I can sometimes almost remember lots of details of a particular scenario played years ago. There is easily room for notes on all 25 missions, if you get that far, on the back of a single squad sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.