Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this a few times now (quite some time ago actually) but not really enough to learn it well. However the theme very much appeals to me and I have one friend who is able to play games 2-3 times a week here in my home. (We've played 50-75 games a month these last few months, of all types.)

I was thinking some sort of ongoing campaign would be fun.

I also have: The Altar of Despair, The Road to Legend, The Tomb of Ice and The Well of Darkness.

So my question is how is this with two players and are there any hints for how to go about playing for an ongoing campaign-like game? I looked briefly at the co-op variant but would like to stick to the standard rules as much as possible.

Complexity is generally not an issue as I can learn almost anything. I'm just wondering if you might have any hints or suggestions.

Mostly How is it with two players? I'm thinking I will be the Overlord and I am concerned she will be overwhelmed playing more than 1 or maybe 2 characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If she's already played a few games, playing the full complement of four characters shouldn't be too difficult, they're not all that complex, and in the beginning the OL can help in keeping track of the heroes powers...

I'd suggest playing one or two vanilla games, the first dungeon is relatively playable with just two characters, then maybe play the second dungeon with a full 4 hero group. After that, play a game with added treachery cards (they came with Well of Darkness and Altar of Despair, and a few with Tomb of Ice) and a full hero group, afterwards you could try a game with the full hero group, treachery and feat cards (From Tomb of Ice), then you should be somewhat prepared for the Road to Legend campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As you may be aware, the scaling rules in Descent really don't work. As it happens, I've just posted a mod I've been working on for quite a while that, among other things, addresses the scaling issues and should allow you to play with only two heroes. If you're interested, the thread for it is here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/444133

It won't help you play an extended campaign, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.