Subject: Close Combat bonuses table - is this right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I know reference sheet on the back of the rules shows bonuses from close combat, but for some reason it doesn't really describe what parry, block etc. means nor it says explicitly when do the bonuses count concerning where the attack came from.

So I want to know whether this table we're using is kosher:

Attack from the front Attack from the sides/rear
Normal dude 1D6 vs 3D6 1D6 vs 3D6
Sword dude 1D6+1 vs 3D6 (reroll highest) 1D6 vs 3D6
Hammer dude 1D6+2 vs 2D6 1D6 vs 3D6
Claw dude 2D6+1 vs 3D6 1D6 vs 3D6
Library dude 1D6+1+psi vs 3D6 1D6 vs 3D6

Guard: Reroll one of your own dice AFTER rolling, regardless of where the attack came from.
vs. Broodlord: Same as vs. GS, but adds highest&lowest dice.

The biggest issue are the flank attacks. Rules state that the bonuses work when attacked from the front, yet they never state that they default to the same one when flanked (which we guess is correct).

So, is the table correct? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdul Rahman Ibrahim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The sergeants add +1 regardless, but lose their weapons bonus methinks, at least that's how I understand it. Gotta check back on the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
almond55 wrote:
The sergeants add +1 regardless, but lose their weapons bonus methinks, at least that's how I understand it. Gotta check back on the rulebook.

Sargeants only get +1 to the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
All Space Marines (sergeants, lightning claws, librarians, etc) are 1d6+0 when attacked from the side or rear. No bonuses apply unless attacked from the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnston
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
almond55 wrote:

Sargeants only get +1 to the front.

Not necessarily. Sergeants get a +1 bonus to the front in combat. The sword provides no other bonus except the parry. However a Sergeant with a Thunder Hammer IS at +2. See page 21 of the rulebook...

Quote:
Note that this means that a Space Marine Sergeant armed with a thunder hammer receives a +2 modifier against models to his front (+1 for being a Sergeant, and +1 for having a thunder hammer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the claw dude get +1? Hm, I must have forgotten that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.