Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey people

i have just played two games of talisman R4ed and after reading alot of comments and answers in these forums alot of my questions was answerd. How ever i couldn't find anything on the Mercinary card.

My understanding is that you pay 1 gold to have him as your follower then you choose when to use him in a battle of strengh which gives you an added 3 to your strengh, correct???

Now is that card discarded once used ? can you pay another 1 gold to have him follow you again ? or if you can not pay does then get placed on the board to picked up again by another player or yourself at a later stage ?...

thank you and hope this helps others as well.
Im a big fan of this game but i am noticing alot of problems with the wording in the book and cards, so more questions will follow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanThe Man wrote:
My understanding is that you pay 1 gold to have him as your follower then you choose when to use him in a battle of strengh which gives you an added 3 to your strengh, correct???

Now is that card discarded once used ? can you pay another 1 gold to have him follow you again ? or if you can not pay does then get placed on the board to picked up again by another player or yourself at a later stage ?...

Mercenary, you pay 1G to get him as your Follower. When you want to use him to help in battle, you pay 1G on that turn. You can use him once per turn (IIRC, too lazy to check the wording), at 1G per use. He'll remain with you until A) you draw Hag, B) someone chucks Mesmerism at you, C) Sorceress comes by and says "Hi!", D) you're Toaded. Dungeon also adds Dungeon Keeper who takes your allies. Those are the times I can think of quickly that might make you lose him.

Under B & C, IIRC, the receiver has to pay 1G to take him as Follower (not 100% on that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh ok,
Thank you very much for your quick reply. mercinary means you need alot of gold to use him when you fight haha.

If you draw the card you can pay 1 gold to have him straight away? on the other hand if you have no gold he is placed on the board waiting to be used by anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanThe Man wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick reply. mercinary means you need alot of gold to use him when you fight haha.

What are you using Gold on? Most games, someone around here tends end with close to or over 10G, because there is nothing to spend it on?

Quote:
If you draw the card you can pay 1 gold to have him straight away? on the other hand if you have no gold he is placed on the board waiting to be used by anyone?

Yes and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just popped in to say...
you guys have really similar user names. It thoroughly confused me on google reader. I thought you were talking to yourselfs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mister lunch wrote:
I just popped in to say...
you guys have really similar user names. It thoroughly confused me on google reader. I thought you were talking to yourselfs.

Well, one is an infamous poster from the northern hemisphere, the other a new user from the southern . Both like Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actually didnt notice till now about the user names haha...good call
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.