United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that most of the wargames I'm offering in my Bazaar of the Bizarre auction have no bids whatsoever.

Now, I know I'm asking for high opening bids on many of them. But, then again, they are a bit on the collectible side, or are rather sizable collections which would cost more if purchased individually.

Then again, I don't know if you wargamers visit the geeklist auctions.

The auction ends tonight, so perhaps some of you may pay a visit:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46138
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I for one was not aware of the geeklist auction's. It would be fantastic if the postage wasn't so high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
Wow, I for one was not aware of the geeklist auction's. It would be fantastic if the postage wasn't so high.

Sorry, I don't have shipping contracts with UPS or FedEx.

I could have just said US bidders only, too. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Pehr
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.,
The items on which you have high minimum bids are indeed collector items. I suppose in a way I'm a collector - or why else am I bidding in these auctions and why else do I have several hundred games most of which I'll never get to play - but that doesn't eliminate my having to live in that unpleasant rest of the world where I'm not doing games. For example, is your collection of "Rise of the Luftwaffe" games worth what you're asking? Yes, they're a collector's item and the games themselves are wonderful (used to play these incessantly with friends who appreciated good wargames, and could argue with authority about how/why the specific numbers for the various aircraft simulated/didn't simulate historical reality). But $150 is a lot money! Not a matter of whether it's worth it - of course to my gaming soul it is - but I do have a wife, mortgage, bills, etc. No reflection on you, just a matter of the world is bigger than we are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronald,

I'm aware some of the items are pricey, especially in today's economy. But at the same time, I'm not really desperate for money. I'm willing to sell my items for maybe a little bit below market values (I researched prices before I started the auction), but I'm not in a position where I'm deliberately liquidating at a loss.

Thanks for your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ronald,

I'm aware some of the items are pricey, especially in today's economy. But at the same time, I'm not really desperate for money. I'm willing to sell my items for maybe a little bit below market values (I researched prices before I started the auction), but I'm not in a position where I'm deliberately liquidating at a loss.

J.L.

For the games that don't sell, have you considered trying to sell them on Consimworld? I tend to sell /trade more wargames there. Just a thought.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Modoc wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ronald,

J.L.

For the games that don't sell, have you considered trying to sell them on Consimworld? I tend to sell /trade more wargames there. Just a thought.

Keith

I didn't care for posting in CSW last time I did, about a year ago. But I'll keep it in mind, if I get desperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D T P
United States
Pikeville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't happen to have a mint condition copy of Fire in the East with a mint condition companion copy of Scorched Earth that you don't love anymore do ya?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why sell them if you don't need to? They'll only go up in value. (With the exception of the DiF series which has lost a lot of value since DiF Aces High's publication).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L. I buy and sell games on CSW a lot and have never had a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Why sell them if you don't need to? They'll only go up in value. (With the exception of the DiF series which has lost a lot of value since DiF Aces High's publication).

The DiF thing was one thing. I'm also trying to clear some space and part with some games I either have duplicates of (Robo Rally, Tobruk, WiF), or have no intent to play again (Clan War). All of the dinky games in my auction came from a collection I purchased this summer, and were all games I'd never buy on my own, except for Lunch Money and the Lost Worlds books (again, those were duplicates).

billyboy wrote:
J.L. I buy and sell games on CSW a lot and have never had a problem.

It's not that I had a problem dealing with the people. I just didn't care for the interface. If I can get over that hurdle, I'll probabaly visit the site again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xlhrider wrote:
You wouldn't happen to have a mint condition copy of Fire in the East with a mint condition companion copy of Scorched Earth that you don't love anymore do ya?

I have a mint copy of FITE , unpunched.......and I dont love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D T P
United States
Pikeville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:
xlhrider wrote:

I have a mint copy of FITE , unpunched.......and I dont love it

Anyone wish to start the bidding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.