Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It's been said before, but Space Hulk had better not reach the top. Dominion needs this number 6 spot.

Don't steal this from us, you trash! Euro games should occupy the top 1000. Get out of our territory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
:shake:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't have Space Hulk, but I don't think Dominion should even be included in the board game rankings because it's really just a pre-expansion for Intrigue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you mean a pre-pre-expansion for Seaside?

Wait on! Is Space Hulk even a game at all? Isn't it a post-expansion for the original Space Hulk and therefore doesn't even qualify for the rankings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want the game to rise in the hotness blog about it more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Friff14 wrote:
It's been said before, but Space Hulk had better not reach the top. Dominion needs this number 6 spot.

Don't steal this from us, you trash! Euro games should occupy the top 1000. Get out of our territory!

I must congratulate you for the choice of your avatar. It really suits your attitude well.

You are the lonely whinging orange while all the other fruit enjoys itself with a cool game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:

No! NO! I say! From Hell's heart, I stab at thee, vile Eurogamer!!!! Space Hulk shall RULE the BGG Galaxy FOREVER!!!!

...now, how do I turn that dang Genesis device off again? There's gotta be an "off button" on this thing somewhere...Shoot, this isn't going to end well...*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:

WTF?

and the fake rating to boot.... Dude go outside and start looking for a life.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
JonJacob wrote:
edit: Incidentally Oragne rhymes with Door Hinge.

To be honest, nothing rhymes with "orange,"
And don't even think the phrase "door-hinge,"
Because, really, what kind
Of an idiot mind
Would ever say "orange" like "oar-hinge"?

That's the limerick of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Red-orange" rhymes with "orange".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonJacob wrote:
Friff14 wrote:
JonJacob wrote:
edit: Incidentally Oragne rhymes with Door Hinge.

To be honest, nothing rhymes with "orange,"
And don't even think the phrase "door-hinge,"
Because, really, what kind
Of an idiot mind
Would ever say "orange" like "oar-hinge"?

That's the limerick of the day.

It's called a feminine rhyme, and Leonard Cohen is the idiot who pointed out that it rhymes with orange.

Or was it Arlo Guthrie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonJacob wrote:
It's called a feminine rhyme, and Leonard Cohen is the idiot who pointed out that it rhymes with orange.

More relevantly, it's an oblique rhyme. "Feminine" merely means that the final accent is on the penultimate syllable, e.g. "walking" and "talking".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:

It's too late for you to start pretending that you have free will. Space Hulk is in the BGG Top Ten, so you have no choice but to play it and love it. You are one of us... one of us... one of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased Space Hulk, but I've not opened it yet. I will soon. Still, I'm tempted to rate it a 10 now just to counter your childish 1 rating. But I won't, because I'm not childish.

I'll give it my honest opinion after playing it a few times. You should do the same, or retract your shill rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
There once was good William of Orange
Who could not write limericks or enj-
oy rhymes for silver
for he lacked the will, ver-
bosity, and I forget the rest but your mother's a whore

Also, Space Hulk may beat Dominion, sure, but it will never beat Dominion: Intrigue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to find a rhyme for orange.
Though it seems there's nothing to it,
No one has been found so far
Ingenious enough to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is stupid!
Violent retard SMASH!
(Or squish, as it were...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:

You're actually serious aren't you? This is hilarious...

Who do you think you are, the rating police?

If there was a Ratings Hall of Shame you'd be in it (along with all the losers that create sock puppet accounts to manipulate ratings).

Is it too hard to just play a game and honestly rate it? BGG seems more like a pre-school playground lately...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:

No, he's the RANKING police. They are much more numerous and can be identified by the white caps, the yellow walking sticks and the short and incomprehensible forum posts.

The RATING police are much fewere. They wear baskers, kilts and usually post long posts. They are currently discussing here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/445347
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
maka wrote:

No, he's the RANKING police. They are much more numerous and can be identified by the white caps, the yellow walking sticks and the short and incomprehensible forum posts.

The RATING police are much fewere. They wear baskers, kilts and usually post long posts. They are currently discussing here:

LOL

Thanks for pointing that out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is with you people? You are all so..sensible! Over there at Space Hulk forums people are rallying, calculating, lobbying and here you are.. making sense!?

What is Boardgamegeek coming to? Are we soon going to rate games objectively and calmly and without fanboyism? Should we now only have rational, calm discussions about boardgaming hobby and exchange objective, informative, in-depth opinions? Have I read my last "OMG I opened the box and this game is AWESOME!!!" review?

cry It's the end of BGG as we know it... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
maka wrote:

I'm the real ranking police and I say if it falls in popularity it falls. It is called capitalism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
I'm the real ranking police and I say if it falls in popularity it falls. It is called capitalism.

I'm not an economist, but I'm pretty sure that BGG rankings have nothing to do with supply and demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*Caylus rant mode on*

WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT DOMINION?! IT'S A CARD GAME, FOR PETE'S SAKE! WHAT ABOUT POOR CAYLUS? HUH? HUH? IT'S A REAL BOARD GAME, TAKEN OVER BY - OF ALL THINGS - A DICE ROLLING, MINIATURE INCLUDING, SCIENCE FICTION THEMED... THING! OOO! GRHK! AAAAK.... [has sudden stroke]

*Caylus rant mode off*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.