Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Shapiro
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I saw this game at Gen Con but was not able to demo it. Over the years I have played a lot of CCG's (and the Blue Moon type where there is no collect-ability) and the question is...why this game over any of the others? I enjoy the theme but wonder about the game play. Is this different enough that it justifies the purchase?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, yes. Different feel, better theme and setting (from my perspective), fantastic production values. And what sets it apart from Magic is that it's non-collectible (like AGoT). Great game.

Check out my review, here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/443230
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Ip
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have not play this game, but I read the rules and it is similar to AGOT and CoC, both from FFG (those I have played).

IMO, AGOT (and its kin) were the best CCG on the market back when it was still a CCG. With the only exception being the long-dead Netrunner CCG (which is the best ever in my opinion).

If this is anything like the other LCG offerings from FFG, they'll be well worth the purchase. I have not yet have my hands on CoC yet (played back in the CCG days), so for me this will have to wait a bit. But I will most likely get this in the future, along with Chaos in the Old World (if just to see what the hype is about..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.