Popular Tags: [View All]
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This might be mostly a dumb question, but it is the only one I have after reading the rules and checking the forum.

In the rules it says when you are laying cards you can always "cover" a card or better said replace a card since the card being covered gets discarded.

So what seems strange to me is quite a few card texts state that the player is allowed to "cover" cards.

For example, the ARCHITECTUS lets you play as many building cards as they want for free. Then it also says the player is allowed to cover any cards.

I guess they were just clarifying that this can also be done through the activaction of certain cards?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just means you can build over the cards you already have in play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that means the "covered" cards go in the discard pile? I found this quite confusing as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, covered cards are discarded. It's clearly defined in the "Laying Cards" section of the rules.

Quote:
Covering cards
If a player wants to lay his card next to a dice disc which has already got a card next to it, the card which is already there is removed and put on the discard pile.

Bit of unfortunate wording. I assume it was a translation thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.