Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Now that the school is back in full swing, it seemed only fitting to follow up the 'Back to School' Math Trade with a 'School Daze' Math Trade.

Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46421
Request list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46424
Discussion: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3945878

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

1) Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are all permitted.

2) Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are not allowed.

3) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

4) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

5) Your shipping restrictions must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping, you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover. You are not permitted to require a specific amount for shipping from the recipient and must cover at least the first $5 of shipping costs for items you send out. "Mirror shipping" is not allowed. People will offer to pay what they think they can afford, within the rules - if you don't like someone else's shipping policies, then don't put their items on your list. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!
If you are not covering full shipping within your own country, please state clearly where you are shipping from as this will help anyone who is trying to figure out their shipping cost for your item.

If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent.

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

7) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know.

8) Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

9) Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

List Cap: None

Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Key dates (all times CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Now until Friday, September 25th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Friday, September 25th (10pm) until Sunday, September 27th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted about an hour thereafter.

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Want list submission

Submissions may be made at any time after the 9th at 10pm, but only by the OLWLG. You may resubmit updated want lists using the OLWLG any time during the submission period. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: School Daze Math Trade - Discussion
Num trades = 381 of 1763 items (21.6%)
users trading = 174

# MISSING 163 WANTS (8.5%) FROM 23 USER(s) (9%):
# bonster20 (6)
# cbrua (21)
# chooche (1)
# cmpterman2 (12)
# danweasel (6)
# hrdkor (2)
# Jeff (14)
# JeffyJeff (38)
# JesterKnot (4)
# justscott (6)
# kristopherjwolff (1)
# l10n0fjudah (1)
# LoMa (7)
# Magma (4)
# rltfam (8)
# rsmithx (3)
# Senorjefe (7)
# Sungarden3 (4)
# tbass77 (3)
# TMascara (1)
# tweetlebeetle (7)
# wilsonza (1)
# Zalasta (6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Official Want List:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/46421-officialwants.txt

Most Wanted:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=4642...

Official Results:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for scratching that (mathtrade) itch.
-David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:

QFT. I just came into half a dozen old Avalon Hill / SPI titles AND Space Hulk 3rd edition. Earlier today I was thinking, "Now I need a math trade to magically turn these games into ones I want," and POOF! there's aksosa to save the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
boathouselooper wrote:
davidchujr wrote:

QFT. I just came into half a dozen old Avalon Hill / SPI titles AND Space Hulk 3rd edition. Earlier today I was thinking, "Now I need a math trade to magically turn these games into ones I want," and POOF! there's aksosa to save the day.

Sounds like there is a good story there. How did you "come into them"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wha? Reveal my sources? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please explain what this means:

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa).

I think I understand sweeteners are extras, like I'm offering Game A (the main draw) and will throw in Game B as a sweetener." I'm not clear on the "GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa)" part. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
boathouselooper wrote:
Wha? Reveal my sources? ninja

Of course, what was I thinking? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ladyandrade wrote:

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa).

I think I understand sweeteners are extras, like I'm offering Game A (the main draw) and will throw in Game B as a sweetener." I'm not clear on the "GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa)" part. Thanks!

Just make sure that when you add a sweetener you use the "game" button to add it to the comment of the main item. If you just type the name of the game it won't show up in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ladyandrade wrote:

It is simply how you add the sweetener.

Sweeteners are listed using the GAMEID formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

[ gameid=xxxx ]

[ imageid=yyyy ]

Put in the appropriate ID numbers (using the Hansa example):

[ gameid=8989 ]

[ imageid=311302 ]

Then remove the spaces. When you do that, it end up looking like this:

Hansa

P.S. Gameid is now being called ObjectID on the game listings these days. Go figure. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent, thank you! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nutt
United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
My...what big teeth you have
mbmbmbmbmb
First Math Trade. Trying my best on this, hope I don't mess things up. More than a little scary.

I give up on the whole Duplicate Protection thingy. I just don't understand it, and I've read many guides, but I don't see anything on this engine like "Creating Dummies the Easy Way". It's just not there on the program. Also I don't see an official format button. I get to step 4&5 and I can do nothing except update my wants list. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to do this right, so my problems are:

Duplicate Protection and
Submitting my List (Official format?)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I do want to get in on the whole Math Trade arena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
nyjil wrote:
First Math Trade. Trying my best on this, hope I don't mess things up. More than a little scary... I would like to do this right, so my problems are:

Duplicate Protection and

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I do want to get in on the whole Math Trade arena.

Well you won't be able to submit your want lists until after 10PM CST this Friday. At that time you'll see a link on step 4/5 that isn't there now.

As far as duplicate protection goes, since you've said that you've read about how the OLWLG works, is there a particular question you have? That may help me/us figure out where the confusion lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nutt
United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling a bit better about submission of my wants, so that is a plus. Can't submit them until Friday anyway, then I'll see the link. Thanks for that tip.

As for the duplicate protection issue.

Many of the guides that I have read tell me that the best way to do it is to "scroll down until I see 'Create Dummies the Easy Way'." I don't see this option when I use the trade engine. All I see is Create a New Dummy Item. From there I can type in the Short Identifier and the Short Description. Do I need to type in the names of the games that I am wanting? From there I need to go to the green lines on the want list and check off the boxes of what I would trade for, and replace it with a check mark of my dummy with the name of the game? Is this correct? If you have a better guide to point out to me, I would surely look into it. Already spent to many hours trying to figure this out, as the guides seem to point to things on the engine that simply do not exist (such as Create Dummies the Easy Way).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
if you dont see the "easy way" option, it means you don't have any duplicates in your want/added list.

the reason you can create your own dummies is for situations where you may want 2 different games, but not both. e.g. Runebound and Return of the Heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
johncraven wrote:
if you dont see the "easy way" option, it means you don't have any duplicates in your want/added list.

That's a good point. If you don't have more than copy of a game on your want lists I don't believe you'll see that option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
the reason you can create your own dummies is for situations where you may want 2 different games, but not both. e.g. Runebound and Return of the Heroes

It is also good when the game you want is a sweetener in one listing and the main game in others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
nyjil wrote:

Well you won't be able to submit your want lists until after 10PM CST this Friday. At that time you'll see a link on step 4/5 that isn't there now.

fwiw, this is covered in the faq section of the OLWLG wiki (linked to from the "help" link on most pages of the OLWLG.

I also just edited the faq to add the faq that for some reason never added to the faq list... how to remove items "added" in step 3 (answer is you can't )

as for dup protection I think that's been answered, and yes, easy way should only show if there are more than one item you "added" witht he game game (object) id.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fletchbm wrote:
OK, I think I am making this more complicated than necessary. I wanted to trade only one of my three submissions for a game. I check all three boxes. Am I going to end up trading all three games for that one, or will it just match up one of the listed games?

(Disclaimer: I tend to over think things sometimes)

Just one. Stop thinking so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fletchbm wrote:
OK, I think I am making this more complicated than necessary. I wanted to trade only one of my three submissions for a game. I check all three boxes. Am I going to end up trading all three games for that one, or will it just match up one of the listed games?

(Disclaimer: I tend to over think things sometimes)

Math Trades are 1:1 listings. So in your example, if you were to get the game in question, it would only match up to one of your listed games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nutt
United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I really appreciate the answers. I think I know how to do it now.

But...

I did attempt to make some dummies, and now they are on my want list, but I have no need of them. I'm assuming that I just don't check anything on them, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyjil wrote:
Thanks all. I really appreciate the answers. I think I know how to do it now.

But...

I did attempt to make some dummies, and now they are on my want list, but I have no need of them. I'm assuming that I just don't check anything on them, right?

Correct. They are not bothering anything. Let them be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nutt
United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. All questions answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.