Subject: Map Errors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there a couple of errors on the TtR:E map?

Palermo seems to be misplaced to where Syracuse actually is.

Barcelona seems to be misplaced to where Valencia actually is.

Petrograd seems to be misplaced to where Novgorod actually is (recall that Petrograd is supposed to be a seaport).

Seems very weird that you'd make a game about Europe and not actually set it in Europe. Unless they mean Europe on some other planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, Syracuse is in New York, which is not a part of the map, so I don't know how it got into the conversation.

The other discrpancies can be explained by Europe's poor planning.

Actually, I think the towns you mentioned were moved to make the game more playable. The TTR America game also has many towns that are not quite in the right place.

My solution is to not use the board game as a map for my European vacation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go read the explanation at the end of the rules, then come back and complain correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrinWilliams wrote:
First of all, Syracuse is in New York, which is not a part of the map, so I don't know how it got into the conversation.

The other discrpancies can be explained by Europe's poor planning.

Actually, I think the towns you mentioned were moved to make the game more playable. The TTR America game also has many towns that are not quite in the right place.

My solution is to not use the board game as a map for my European vacation.

Siracusa, then.

[not worth fighting about the rest of it]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The island off Italy gave it's name to New York Syracuse !

It is misplaced as Aaron rightly said. Palermo took it's place

Regards.

PS: BTW: The many Alexandrias are not all in Egypt and not all were were visited by Alexander the Great ! laugh Just in case we get Ticket to Ride in Africa: there is one there and blame AtG ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird. I mean, you could say that they had to move the cities to accomodate game play... but why not just name the cities for what location they actually gave them?

Petrograd is the weirdest. The whole reason it was built was as a seaport. And having Novgorod as a destination would be perfectly reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Aaron, the designers should have had a map of Europe...surely that would not have been that difficult for those who designed a game based on a map laugh

Petrograd is a fiasco as is Syracuse and a number of other co-ordinations. I made notes and the distances look way out in some travels from A to B. Unless, there was a great shifting of the Earth's continental drift, Europe is slowly moving and will meet , at some point, with Alaska laugh

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Big deal. Who cares if Chicago's in Indiana in some obscure board game?

You complain about Petrograd's position. Are you okay with the fact that the map also suggests you can take a tunnel to Stockholm from there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
barneyg wrote:
Are you okay with the fact that the map also suggests you can take a tunnel to Stockholm from there?

Since you really can do that, I'm okay with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.