Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Quick question about Pegasus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Torres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm currently thinking about purchasing the base BSG board game after reading a number of great reviews, watching a youtube video on it, and just being a huge fun of the series. Seeing as I got some extra money, I was thinking of purchasing the Pegasus Expansion along with it. My question is, can you play the base game along with the Pegasus expansion, using Galactica, Pegasus, and New Caprica?

Would this be a fun game? Or should I just use my extra money instead of buying the expansion to purchase the base game of Last Night On Earth. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. If you buy just the base game, you have Galactica locations (plus the Cylons have the Cylon locations). If you have the base game plus the Pegasus expansion, you have Galactica locations AND Pegasus locations AND New Caprica locations (during the endgame). Please let me know if that isn't what you were asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, the pegasus expansion is just that: Galactica, Pegasus, and New Caprica. Buying both at the same time is fine. I am just a big advocate of getting your money's worth out of the base game before adding in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Torres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks, I was just checking to see if you could play the expansion along WITH the base game, I was just confused on if you bought the expansion if you decided to play a game you either had to choose whether to play only on the base game board or on the expansions board, I wasn't sure if you could combine all the boards for 1 big game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Theseus100 wrote:
Thanks, I was just checking to see if you could play the expansion along WITH the base game, I was just confused on if you bought the expansion if you decided to play a game you either had to choose whether to play only on the base game board or on the expansions board, I wasn't sure if you could combine all the boards for 1 big game.

It is actually 2 boards that you add in addition to the base game board. You can check out on online version of the base game and the expansion with these graphics....

Just base game

with Pegasus (New Caprica is "grayed out" because it is not needed at this phase)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer a question implied by the OP but not explicitly stated: Pegasus is not a stand-alone game. When playing Pegasus, you are using 98% of the contents of the original box as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beck
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Felix alearum famis! Et posse impares sumus erimus en tui semper favoris.
badge
Proprietor of The Bored Gaymer, BGG's most popular blog with the words "Bored" and "Gaymer" in the title!
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to just buy the base game first and give it at least a couple of plays. You might, after all, not care for it; it is, however, a complicated game and you might be a bit overwhelmed with everything at once (even if your play group is a bunch of experienced gamers, it's a lot to take in all at once with the base + expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.