Popular Tags: Roma [+] [View All]
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Do you have to allocate all your action dice before doing any actions?

I think you do but see want to see what other people think as the rules are not clear on this IMO.

If not what you would do is put one dice on cards, take a card and if you know you will play it, put a dice NOW on an empty slot where you play the card, one example.

Could be a good tactic but not sure it is legal.

2. HARUSPEX says the player can choose ANY card from the face down pile, as in pick up the pile and looks through it or just take the top card?

3. TURRIS gives plus one defense to everything but itself. Problem is what if there are 2? I seen the other thread about this saying everything now gets +2 but the one issue that is not addressed is, if one TURRIS gives another +1 it now cant be destroyed? So actually both can not be destroyed which seems a little too powerful. There is maybe only one card that can stop this, the SICARIUS.

I'm inclined to believe the TURRIS should just not effect itself or another TURRIS but I suppose both ways might be fine.

Thanks in advance for replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
3- Two turris will give every other cards +4 defence and will increase the defence of the other turris by 2 points

Two Turris will actually give +2 defence to every other non-Turris card, not +4.
The Turris cards themselves will have defence 7 and can be destroyed by either Centurio or Sicarius Nero or even with a Legionarius or Onager in combination with Essedum (=defence opponent -2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
LordT wrote:

The Turris cards themselves will have defence 7 and can be destroyed by either Centurio or Sicarius

Make that Nero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
LordT wrote:

The Turris cards themselves will have defence 7 and can be destroyed by either Centurio or Sicarius

Make that Nero.

Thanks for the correction, you're absolutely right blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Gabriel y Galan
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:

1. Do you have to allocate all your action dice before doing any actions?

I think you do but see want to see what other people think as the rules are not clear on this IMO.

If not what you would do is put one dice on cards, take a card and if you know you will play it, put a dice NOW on an empty slot where you play the card, one example.

Could be a good tactic but not sure it is legal.

The opposite: you have to resolve each dice before allocating the next one. So, yes, you could draw cards, pay to play one and activate it on the same turn.

jayjonbeach wrote:

2. HARUSPEX says the player can choose ANY card from the face down pile, as in pick up the pile and looks through it or just take the top card?

The former: you take the full pile, look through it and choose the one you want to keep.

jayjonbeach wrote:

3. TURRIS gives plus one defense to everything but itself. Problem is what if there are 2? I seen the other thread about this saying everything now gets +2 but the one issue that is not addressed is, if one TURRIS gives another +1 it now cant be destroyed? So actually both can not be destroyed which seems a little too powerful. There is maybe only one card that can stop this, the SICARIUS.

I'm inclined to believe the TURRIS should just not effect itself or another TURRIS but I suppose both ways might be fine.

Each Turris will get +1, each other card +2.

Jesus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jorge ordonez
Spain
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say: "There are 4 types of actions (lay cards,take money, take cards and activate a card) and it doesn,t matter how many times or in what order they are carried out". That means you can use one dice to take a card, a second dice can be used to lay it down (paying its cost) and even a third dice (if the same number than the second) can be used to activate it. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana Paserba

Deerfield
Illinois
msg tools
You don't need to use one of your dice to lay down the card. You just need to pay the cost. So you can put it in any empty space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.