Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Conquest of the Empire on sale at Funagain Games for $15 US. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmb
For those that have been wanting to pick up a copy of Conquest of the Empire on the cheap. Fun Again Games has it on sale for $15.00 US. Here's the URL if you are interested,

http://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=015138

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd that this is part of their spring cleaning sale and went out of stock, and then came back in. Since when do you clean out stock you're replacing?

And I'd grab this and Bootleggers if their shipping wasn't so darn high.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rose
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost always want to cry when I see if for that cheap because I paid almost $50 for my copy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ph’nglui mglw’nfah Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping does kinda kill the fun, doesn't it?

(Not really bitching here, I know it's a big box and all.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Necromancyr wrote:
Odd that this is part of their spring cleaning sale and went out of stock, and then came back in. Since when do you clean out stock you're replacing?

And I'd grab this and Bootleggers if their shipping wasn't so darn high.


Games: $25
Shipping: $20

I had them in my cart, was excited about the prices, and then put off by the shipping. It seems higher than other online retailers, doesn't it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:
Games: $25
Shipping: $20

I had them in my cart, was excited about the prices, and then put off by the shipping. It seems higher than other online retailers, doesn't it?


Conquest of the Empire really is a heavy game box. I've got a lot of big box games in my collection, but I'm always surprised by the "heft" of this one when I take it off the shelf. Bootleggers is no lightweight for its size, either. $20 shipping might *possibly* be pushing it for a business that has a business account with Fedex/UPS, but anything less than $15 and they'd probably lose money. This is an instance where I've no doubt that profit gouging in the shipping charge isn't happening.

On the off chance you can push the order to $150 (yeah, I know their prices on other games isn't a great bargain, and $150 is no drop in the bucket) - possibly by finding some other locals interested in that $25 deal - then the shipping charge problem goes away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Note to self, wait 2 years to buy any more mega-plastic game and save a bundle.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Note to self, wait 2 years to buy any more mega-plastic game and save a bundle.


Some people are wishfully telling themselves the same thing about Space Hulk.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KGBRadioMoskow wrote:

Conquest of the Empire really is a heavy game box. I've got a lot of big box games in my collection, but I'm always surprised by the "heft" of this one when I take it off the shelf. Bootleggers is no lightweight for its size, either. $20 shipping might *possibly* be pushing it for a business that has a business account with Fedex/UPS, but anything less than $15 and they'd probably lose money. This is an instance where I've no doubt that profit gouging in the shipping charge isn't happening.


Nah, they're gouging on shipping. You can always go to UPS' website and price it yourself, but you're probably subsidizing the free shipping other people get.

If you're not willing to pay it, it can't hurt to drop them an email and tell them why you didn't complete the order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:
Necromancyr wrote:
Odd that this is part of their spring cleaning sale and went out of stock, and then came back in. Since when do you clean out stock you're replacing?

And I'd grab this and Bootleggers if their shipping wasn't so darn high.


Games: $25
Shipping: $20

I had them in my cart, was excited about the prices, and then put off by the shipping. It seems higher than other online retailers, doesn't it?


My $31 order cost $15 for shipping. But, my other purchase (in addition to Conquest of the Empire) was an expansion for Battlestations which is basically a softcover book, so it didn't add much weight to the order.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they gouge the small orders on shipping because everyone who spends more than $100 gouges them on shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
I guess they gouge the small orders on shipping because everyone who spends more than $100 gouges them on shipping.

Possibly, but nobody forced them to offer free shipping in the first place. Besides, they more than make up for the shipping by charging higher prices than most other retailers. And they jack up regular shipping on top of that. I took advantage of the last sale at EagleGames.net (a Funagain company), and if I recall correctly, shipping was $10 (for COTE only).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.