Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Bio Terriost role played after each individual players turn...or at the end of a player turn cycle?

Adam is BT, Tom and Andy are players.

So is it Andy-BT-Tom-BT...or is it Andy, Tom, BT?

Please share knowledge asap We are playing this version right now and confused~!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After each player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Correct. From OTB rules, page 11: The Bio-Terrorist takes his turn after every player turn (after the infection phase). [original emphasis]

A player does his or her actions, draws 2 player cards, and then performs the infection phase. Then the BT player takes a turn. Then the next player goes, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:

Hmmm....interesting. You say "each player's turn" but it's not listed as such in the rulebook. It says "every player turn". You would think that if it was "each player's turn" it would have been written as such. One could argue that a "player turn" consists of all players taking their turn (think of it as a combined effort) followed by the "bioterrorist turn" (think of "Betrayal at House on the Hill). It could simply come down to semantics.

Maybe we could get Z-Man games to clarify this for us.

Honestly...I think that giving the bioterroist an action every other turn...especially considering that their are only 12 purple cubes...would lead to an early demise. Please be aware, however, that even though I've picked up my copy just this last weekend I have yet to play through the new scenarios. This is just my opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigspirit wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:

Hmmm....interesting. You say "each player's turn" but it's not listed as such in the rulebook. It only says "every player turn" You would think that if it was "each players turn it would have been written as such. One could argue that a "player turn" consists of all players taking their turn (think of it as a combined effort) followed by the bioterrorist turn (think of "Betrayal at House on the Hill). It could simply come down to semantics.

Maybe we could get Z-Man games to clarify this for us.

Honestly...I think that giving the bioterroist an action every other turn...especially considering that their are only 12 purple cubes...would lead to an early demise. Please be aware, however, that even though I've picked up my copy just this last weekend I have yet to play through the new scenarios. This is just my opinion

Tom Lehmann (the post above yours) is one of the designers of the game, listed on the front of the box. That's as official as I think you can get

Also note that with the bioterrorist, outbreaks work differently. They "flare out" such that when an outbreak happens, you take off 2 purple cubes from the city that had 3 before you put one on each of the surrounding cities. This makes it seem like there is a few more purples in the game since they don't all sit in one place.

And the bioterrorist has to use actions to pick up cards, so that might help balance things too. I haven't had a chance to play it though, so these are just my thoughts after reading the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't aware that it was the game designer in the earlier post! *wipes the egg off his face* :-) At least now I'll be able to start off playing (as opposed to playing it for a few months then realizing that I've been doing it the wrong way the entire time) the game as orginally intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tigspirit wrote:
One could argue that a "player turn" consists of all players taking their turn (think of it as a combined effort) followed by the "bioterrorist turn" (think of "Betrayal at House on the Hill).

The usual definition of "player turn" is one turn for one player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
tigspirit wrote:
One could argue that a "player turn" consists of all players taking their turn (think of it as a combined effort) followed by the "bioterrorist turn" (think of "Betrayal at House on the Hill).

The usual definition of "player turn" is one turn for one player.

Yes...I understand that in a "normal" game that a "player turn" would indeed equal one turn per player. I think Monopoly taught us that a long time ago. But these cooperative group games are a little different in their set up. A "player turn" could easily be misconstrued as a turn by that "group". I.e. "player turn" vs. "antagonist/villian/bioterroist/he-who-wants-to-blow-up-the-world-while-stroking-his-fluffy-white-cat turn".

But since we have an official ruling by the game designer himself...I'm satisfied. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.