Nathan Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This weekend I have played my first two proper solo games and have a few questions that I would like some clarity on. I apologies if these are in the rules and I have missed them...

1. Can the Robot have two of the same card in it's tableau? I have been playing that is can as the rules say when you get to the robot's next (for example) development, play it. Also on this one I take it that you don't play any perks from the cards for the robot.

2. Actions. On the play mat it shows the two perks of choosing explore and consume, but nothing for settle and develop. Does this mean that you don't get the -1 cost (or whatever it is) as the rules say use the mat instead of the cards.

There was something else, but I can't remember it right now!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Robot rules clarity
It's been a while, so i'm only 99% sure of what i state in this post.

boywonder_uk wrote:
1. Can the Robot have two of the same card in it's tableau? [...] Also on this one I take it that you don't play any perks from the cards for the robot.

The robot can have duplicates. Card powers are not used for the robot, all that matters is whether it can be played (civilian/military, non-6cost dev/6cost dev). After that once it's in play all that matters is the card's VP value.

boywonder_uk wrote:
On the play mat it shows the two perks of choosing explore and consume, but nothing for settle and develop. Does this mean that you don't get the -1 cost (or whatever it is) as the rules say use the mat instead of the cards.

The play mat perks are for the robot only. The robot mat is an abstracted opponent, it describes all his powers and bonuses. Your bonuses are still used as normal, i.e. the 7 action cards and your tableau card powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Robot rules clarity
Thanks, I just wasn't sure on that last one as the human/player marker spots about each action have a little bit of info on explore and consume on the mat.

I guess if you didn't use the action perks you'd only rarely get the change to restock windfall worlds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.