Jeff Sharp
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be attending Buckeye Gamefest on Friday with two other members of my gaming group and we'd love to learn a longish game that we don't normally get a chance to play. Games of interest are Die Macher, Republic of Rome or Dune. We'll be there all day Friday and would be interested in starting a game around 9:30 AM. If there is anyone in attendance that would be interested in teaching/playing one of the above games with us, we'd love to have you join us. I've got a copy of Die Macher and Dune, but not Republic of Rome (and I don't think CABS has a copy either).

Please let me know if you are interested in helping us out. We're a pretty experienced gaming group (see my games played listing which is pretty up to date), so hopefully will pick things up pretty quick.

Thank you for your consideration, Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff

I am a huge Die Macher fan and plan on being at the convention all four days. Out of curiosity, which edition of the game do you have? Rio Grande 2nd edition or Valley Games 3rd edition?

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sharp
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I have the Valley Games edition. I don't think CABS has this game in their library (or at least it's not listed on-line in the library, either). If you are willing to play and teach us, I can send Bud an e-mail and see if it might yet be listed on the organized schedule to get more players. It ends up only I and one other from my group can attend, so we'd need a few more players. Is 9:30 a good start time for you.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsharp wrote:
I don't think CABS has this game in their library (or at least it's not listed on-line in the library, either).

CABS has Die Macher in their library (at least they should as I donated a copy of it to them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sauer III
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die is "THE" so it is listed under Macher ...

;o)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reason I asked, while my Valley Games 3d edition is in alot better shape than the RGG 2d edition, Valley Games (as they have done with other games, like Container) screwed up some key components, mostly some of the party platform cards which are tough to distinguish from one another, particularly if you are sitting across a large table. Because the corresponding components in the 2d edition were a bit easier to distinguish, most Die Macher fans prefer that edition to the more recent one.

So, does anyone know if the CABS library copy is 2d or 3d edition? Either way, I can bring my game and try to bone up on the rules if people want to learn to play. Keep in mind it's a huge time commitment, around 30 min just for the rules explanation and at least 4 1/2 hrs. for the game itself, but an experience well worth it.

To respond to Jeff, 9:30 AM Friday is as good time as any to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sauer III
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add it to the online schedule ...

-------------------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sharp
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for your willingness to teach the game and thanks Bud for putting it on the schedule so we might easily get to the optimal number of players. Mat and I will both try and review the rules so as to be somewhat familiar with the mechanics going into Friday. We'll see you on Friday morning.

The 4 1/2 hour commitment is fine with us and part of the reason we are interested in trying this at BGF as our group normally maxes out on 3 hour games during our weekly get-togethers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, five players is definitely the optimal number for Die Macher. Four is good as well. Three, well, if there's three of us we definitely need to corral at least one other player ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the edition we have it the Valley Games one. We had the one donated and it was missing rules so in 2008 Valley Games gave us another copy, or maybe just the rules. I don't recall exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.