United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am looking for the 3 core books for D&D 4th edition and Keep on the Shadowfell module. My 7 yr watched his older brother playing D&D yesterday and now he wants to play too. I agreed to help him get started because I was his age when I started down the road of D&D. My problem is all my material is third edition (3.5 actually) or older. I would opt for new, but I don't want to spend a fortune incase he doesn't want to keep playing.

My trade list is not very long, but maybe we can work something out. My only caveat is that the books and module be in excellent condition from a smoke free home.

I would like to try and get all four from once person, if possible.

Thanks,
Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option, there is a starter set, if you want to test if your son will like it or not. That starter set is 15-20$ and you have everything to start playing and testing the system.

That's how we started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aljovin wrote:
Another option, there is a starter set, if you want to test if your son will like it or not. That starter set is 15-20$ and you have everything to start playing and testing the system.

That's how we started.

Would you recommend the starter kit or Module H-1 Keep on the Shadowfell? What does the starter kit contain? I can't access WOTC from work.

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only there were some way to get info on RPGs, you know in a big database. And what if it were just like BGG, but, you know, for RPGs! That would be awesome!

:cough: http://rpg.geekdo.com/rpgitem/46177 :cough:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Luke..... I was hoping to trade some games for the D&D material... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Modoc wrote:

Would you recommend the starter kit or Module H-1 Keep on the Shadowfell? What does the starter kit contain? I can't access WOTC from work.

Keith

Definitely the Starter Kit. It's just that, a kit that contains everything you need to learn the system.

It has Introductory Rules, Maps, Dice, An adventure to get started.

The H-1 Module is just that, a module with the maps and stuff to run an adventure. Without DM guide, player handbook, and dice it wont do you much good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry to tag on the question here but is there a seperate Marketplace for RPG items on Geekdo? I seem not able to find it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The module H1 and you can get it for free as a download from Wizards of hte Coast. However, I haven't played that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.