no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at the maps and missions from the Genestealer expansion and the Campaign book and they look wonderful.

The thing is I want to use only the rules from the base set and Deathwing expansion, in order to keep the game "light".

I've got all the board pieces it requires.

My only problem is : are those scenarios playable without using the psychic rules (but the Librarian rules in Deathwing) and without the Hybrids ?

Thank for any comments,
King "...blip...blip..." Bing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure without some playtesting, but my guess is: yes, they are playable. You might need to tweak just a little, like more blips, but from what I've seen, the hybrids balance out nicely with non-hybrids (i.e. they are slower, fewer APs, etc) so taking them out the games should still work nicely.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
You might need to tweak just a little, like more blips

You mean more reinforecement for the stealers ?

So you think that playing the scenarios from expansion #2 and 3 without Hybrids and Psychic rules might favor the Space Marines ?

Maybe we could keep the reinforcement as stated in the scenarios, but instead of removing all the blips from expansion 2, we could only remove the hybrids blip and keep the 6 blips with value 4,5 and 6 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the 4,5,6 blips came with Space Hulk: Genestealer Expansion, if you have that expansion, why not just use hybrids? Anyways, yes, that's my idea. I think these missions will play just fine without hybrids, there just might be a balance issue is all.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
the 4,5,6 blips came with Space Hulk: Genestealer Expansion, if you have that expansion, why not just use hybrids?

To keep the game "light".

Another idea when playing scenario from exp #2 and 3 without Hybrids & Psychic: just use the broodlord from v3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.