Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Since C3i Magazine Issue #19 has been sold out now for quite some time, GMT has given us permission to post the rules for the Here I Stand Two-Player Variant. You'll see it added to the HIS Files here on BGG (or you can go to the Downloads page of my web site).

Folks who didn't purchase the magazine but own HIS are welcome to try the variant out using Cyberboard. The Cyberboard game box posted on my web site has a scenario for the 2-player game.

And for those waiting for the HIS reprint, remember that a copy of these rules and the 2-player Diplomacy Deck will be included in that reprint. So once that reprint goes into the GMT pipeline you'll be able to play the variant face-to-face as well.

Due to this news, Justin Rice has announced that he will be launching a HIS 2-player variant tournament in a few weeks. To sign up, e-mail 2pHIS.gm@gmail.com. (And if you want any more details on the tournament format, Justin is discussing it in the HIS folder on Consimworld).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Linnanen
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is nice, thank you. Would it be possible to add online the diplomacy deck as well? That way those that would want, could print and play face to face as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'd have to get a separate authorization from GMT to do that. In the mean time, the card images are all included within the Cyberboard gamebox. You could cut and paste them out of there. And a few of them are posted here on BGG as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ed Beach wrote:
I'd have to get a separate authorization from GMT to do that. In the mean time, the card images are all included within the Cyberboard gamebox. You could cut and paste them out of there. And a few of them are posted here on BGG as well...

They're all also in the VASSAL file, as individual images HIS-201.jpg through HIS-219.jpg. They're not really print-quality, of course, but if you're determined to do PnP it might be the easiest way.

(now that I've gone poking through the module, I might do that myself. Beats paying $30 or more for the 19 cards, with none of that going to Ed or GMT).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.