Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederick Lai
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Tsing Yi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can the Offensives Player conduct Post battle Movement if no battle hex is declared?

I raise this question because the following two rules make me confused:

6.2 Offensives Sequence
Step 3 states that If no battle hexes are declared or created due to Special Reaction, skip to Step 7, Post Battle Movement. Otherwise proceed to Step 4.

From this rule, it is clear that even though no battle hexes are declared or created due to Special Reaction, the Offensives Player can conduct Post battle Movement. In other words, the Offensives Player can move the activated units twice, once during normal movement (can use strategic movement, but if so, cannot move in the Post Battle Movement as stated in 8.6)) and once during Post Battle Movement (though no strategic movement can be made).

However, I get lost when I read rule 6.24.

6.24 Declaring Battle Hexes
In the last four lines, it reads: After Offensive unit movement, if no battles were declared, the Offensive is concluded and it is now the other player's turn to play a Strategy card. Exception: 6.27, Special Reaction Move.

From this rule, it is also clear that if no battle hexes are declared AND there is no Special Reaction, the Offensive is concluded. In other words, there will be no Post Battle Movement because the Offensive has concluded once no battle hexes are declared. So, which rule is correct? May someone clarify this for me, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can the Offensives Player conduct Post battle Movement if no battle hex is declared?

Yes, PBM may be conducted regardless of whether a battle occurs. Sometimes a player will tempt the opponent into a Special Reaction and when the opponent fails or refuses the bait, PBM is necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.