Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since tank production happens before the year marker is moved, what is the purpose of this statement in the rules:

The last year is played through in its entirety, including the Year-End Phase (which means that ore or energy prices can still potentially increase by 4 steps if tank production is not possible).

...since any potential +4 increase in ore or energy prices will have just occurred right before the marker was moved?

Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly speaking the ruling isn't necessary if players stick rigidly to the letter of the law. However, without it, someone was bound to argue that as the game was about to end, there was no point in building new tanks as they could never be bought. Following this logic there was no mechanism to inflate ore and energy by the standard mechanism.

It seems to be a belt and braces loop hole closer to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players can hold onto ore/energy in anticipation that the price will jump due to the final tank production step. The value of your remaining resources in your orbital gliders counts toward your final score. If ore/energy is in short supply and other players don't have much to sell, holding onto your ore/energy will gain you some extra points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Nick -- I was wondering if that was it.

And thanks, Matthew. I understand that fine. I was just trying to figure out why the rules set went out its way to tell us to make sure we completed the entire year after the year marker moves off the track when virtually the very last thing that we do in the sequence of play is move the year marker

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.