Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

My wife and I will be playing EFII for the first time tomorrow.

I just have a couple of questions about set-up:

Do the restricted Axis units count in the number of units allowed on the scenario sheets?

In the S'43 scenario, are the expeditionary Axis satellite units eliminated (and if so can they be rebuilt?) or just start in their home locations and are now restricted?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:
My wife and I will be playing EFII

Arghhh!! You need to warn people before saying stuff like that; my envy-o-meter just exploded, and I almost lost an eye!

Tim RTC wrote:
Do the restricted Axis units count in the number of units allowed on the scenario sheets?

Yes; they're included in the "Sat. Inf." and "Sat. Static" rows in the Axis setup. (So where the Barbarossa setup says 25 infantry at 94 steps, that's 25 German infantry, because the Bulgarian/Hungarian/Rumanian infantry are included separately as 7 Sat. Inf. at 17 steps.)

Tim RTC wrote:
In the S'43 scenario, are the expeditionary Axis satellite units eliminated (and if so can they be rebuilt?) or just start in their home locations and are now restricted?

I don't believe they are eliminated (other than the Italians), because the setup shows 7 Sat. Inf. at 12 steps. But as the note says, they are permanently restricted. (That scenario note is just a reminder of 2.66, so Rumanians have to stay in/adjacent to Rumania; they can't run around in Bulgaria and Hungary too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry! I'll watch what I type... (having done poorly on the trial run, using the walk-through set-up but playing it competitively, she has challenged me to a full scale rematch next weekend)

Thanks for the pointers re: satellite forces, I hadn't noticed the section on the set-up figures for these, makes a lot more sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the historical setup: where am I supposed to place the 8th Italian army?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmsa84 wrote:
where am I supposed to place the 8th Italian army?

They stay in the box (or on the setup sheet, etc.) until the Axis takes Sevastopol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
gmsa84 wrote:
where am I supposed to place the 8th Italian army?

They stay in the box (or on the setup sheet, etc.) until the Axis takes Sevastopol.

Ah OK, got it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty,

OK, the Italians start off the map, but all the other Axis Satellite can be setup on the map already right? (1 hex from their home country). I ask that because I saw a picture on BGG in which some of the satellite units were not set up:

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct. The "expedition" units are restricted to their home countries (or one hex outside) until Odessa/Sevastopol are captured, but they are still placed on the map, except for the Italians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.