Subject: Marines from Aliens in Space Hulk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One of the things I love about Space Hulk is that it feels like you're playing the characters from the movie Aliens. So, that got me thinking, if I was to rename each of the Space Marines as one of the Marines from Aliens, which Space Marine would represent which movie character. Here is what I've got so far:

Librarian = Ripley
In the end, Ripley is the boss

Sargeant with Sword = Apone
Because he's the Sarge

Sargeant with Shield = Goreman
I know, he's actually a Lieutenant, but I can't make him the Librarian, because he's too much of a coward. So, he gets to be the Sargeant with a shield to hide behind.

Marine with Lightning Claws = Hicks
Something about Hicks with a Shotgun makes me think we would be awesome in Melee combat. So, he gets the Lightning Claws.

Marine with Chainfist = Hudson
Chainfist is good for opening doors, and Hudsons "Runs the bypasses" so he's good at opening doors.

Marine with assault cannon = Drake
For obvious reasons

Marine with Flamer = Vasquez
She should have a big awesome gun.

Other marines = Frost, Spunkmeyer, Sparro, Wierzbowski, Crowe

C.A.T. = Bishop

Dead Marine = Burke.

So, these are my thoughts. When I play Space Hulk, i think I'm going to start calling these pieces by their Aliens names. Please discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommi
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.. thats pretty useless. You do that. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought of replacing the minis with these:

Horroclix makes Aliens models, too. You could be playing Aliens in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
YES!!!! Useless waste of time FTW!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris X.
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the idea! And i agree with all your terminator/marine conversions. Now all you have to do is come up with few scenarios inspired by the movie. I would very much like to play this way, but not before buying the necessary horrorclix figures so i guess it 'll have to wait. Oh and you forgot: Broodlord=Alien Queen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For an even better feel of the movie. Use the 1st ed rules for regular Marines.
http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/MarineArmour.htm

Or even as mere Imperial Guard.
http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/ImperialGuard.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Kitt
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The C.A.T. is surely Newt, she knew all about the Aliens! Bishop is the scanner guy, Omnio
Spunkmeyer wasn't a frontline trooper, he can be replaced (I don't remember the other dropship pilot's name... probably one of the others you've mentioned!).

Also, Vasquez should get the Assault Cannon. She had the reloads and never got her hands on the flamer, whereas Drake flaming is his most memorable scheme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend trying to find the original Rogue Trader era Terminator miniatures, particularly the green box set with eight Terminators.

The green box set included one Terminator with an Assault Cannon and one Terminator with a Heavy Flamer. Two of the green boxes would give you two Assault Cannon Terminators, permitting you to represent the Smart Gun Marines Drake and Vasquez.

If you want additional Heavy Flamers, you can probably find extra Heavy Flamer bits or you can paint certain Storm Bolter Marines differently.

You may also want to look for the two sets of Colonial Marines produced for the Aliens Board Game by Leading Edge Games. All of the Aliens Marines characters can be found in those sets. You should also look for the Power Loader Set that includes Ripley in the Loader, four Sentry Guns and Jones the Cat.

As I mentioned on another thread, I have used Genestealers in place of Xenomorphs for the Aliens Board Game. Genestealers are much easier to find are less expensive than the OOP, costly and very hard to find metal Xenomorph miniatures from Leading Edge Games.

If you want to discuss how to play Aliens with Space Hulk rules, send me a GeekMail message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regan O\'Malley
msg tools
Tomyrgon wrote:
Wow.. thats pretty useless. You do that. whistle

Maximillion1 wrote:
YES!!!! Useless waste of time FTW!!!!

Thanks for the constructive input - it's REALLY appreciated.

I think this is a great idea (mainly because I've been working on a squad just like it recently). The only thing I'm missing is Vasquez.

Personally, I'll most likely be using the Veteran Guardsman rules from Warseer to represent my squad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JAKitt wrote:
The C.A.T. is surely Newt, she knew all about the Aliens! Bishop is the scanner guy, Omnio
Spunkmeyer wasn't a frontline trooper, he can be replaced (I don't remember the other dropship pilot's name... probably one of the others you've mentioned!).

Also, Vasquez should get the Assault Cannon. She had the reloads and never got her hands on the flamer, whereas Drake flaming is his most memorable scheme

You make some excellent points here. I may need to change some of the names.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.